JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48
I figured we should start a thread for Runoffs videos. Please everyone post your video from the week! Would love to see everyone's perspective.

http://youtu.be/hNTsiYKEk3s
  • Danny Steyn and Michael Novak like this

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

I will post some of my race footage soon, the view from the rear camera is nothing short of amazing with mm's between three cars sliding three wide through the turns

In the meantime here are 3 laps from the Night Qualifying Session #2

• Michael Novak and JRHille like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I will post some of my race footage soon, the view from the rear camera is nothing short of amazing with mm's between three cars sliding three wide through the turns

I bet that will be fun to watch.. there were several times I thought we(you, me, lamb and a few others) were 4 wide and I tried giving as much as I could with you guys on slicks.. One time I swear you were pointing 180-270 degrees the wrong way in T1 :)
  • JRHille likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Yes, I did enter the braking zone to T1 completely backwards in the early laps and it somehow came back to me. Did not want to repeat that! Came close to clipping the tire wall at the exit of T6 and had several near misses with cars and running off the track. Had to take it really easy on slicks, which makes what Andrew Carbonell and Jonathan Goring did on slicks even so more impressive.

And Jim yes you feature in a lot of the footage often 3 and 4 wide just mm apart. As I said, I have nothing but respect for the drivers in this class for keeping it green in those trying conditions. 

• Jim Drago likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

I can't get this to run smoothly, but until SCCA or SpeedCastTV reposts it...

https://youtu.be/peGy3tLk90w

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Yes, I did enter the braking zone to T1 completely backwards in the early laps and it somehow came back to me. Did not want to repeat that! Came close to clipping the tire wall at the exit of T6 and had several near misses with cars and running off the track. Had to take it really easy on slicks, which makes what Andrew Carbonell and Jonathan Goring did on slicks even so more impressive.

And Jim yes you feature in a lot of the footage often 3 and 4 wide just mm apart. As I said, I have nothing but respect for the drivers in this class for keeping it green in those trying conditions. 

I have  never seen so many SMs packed so close together turn after turn.  I believe the leader of the that group was p7 at the time and I was P15 with about 3 more behind me all going 3 or 4 wide through 1 3, 5 and 6 for several laps until the dries came in on lap 9.  

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
SCCA just posted the race :clap:

http://www.scca.com/videos/1972514

J~
  • MPR22, Jim Drago and fierodoug like this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Strongbad

Strongbad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Year:1992

Highlight of my Runoffs week.

Tuesday night qualifying.

Right rear tire blows out (Nascar T3) on first flying lap with Mike Collins bump drafting.

Missed 1/2 the session changing the tire but managed to set 11th best time at the end.

https://youtu.be/8l8MbmQe-WI

• Keith Andrews likes this

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41

SCCA just posted the race :clap:

http://www.scca.com/videos/1972514

J~

Turns out this video is downloadable. Save your copy today.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

I just watched mine as well. Insane how close we all were. I have no marks on the car at all. Selin and I actually did the mirror flip coming out of one. At one time you, me, Selin and Lamb had no more than 6 inches between any two cars with all four cars sliding :) Not the results we were hoping for, but watching it back was still pretty impressive.
  • MPR22 likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Number:34

Please share!

The TV coverage showed an awesome race.

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Highlight of my Runoffs week.

Tuesday night qualifying.

Right rear tire blows out (Nascar T3) on first flying lap with Mike Collins bump drafting.

Missed 1/2 the session changing the tire but managed to set 11th best time at the end.

https://youtu.be/8l8MbmQe-WI

yes!!!  That was my only "oh-sh!t" moment of the week!  glad we were on the same radio for that one.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

How to get your diff busted at the start of the runoffs.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

How to get your diff busted at the start of the runoffs.

Now that just sucks! Recent Runoffs are bending you over :(

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
certainly not my best :( some good stuff with Hille,Danny,Selin, Lamb, Cotrell and myself going three and four wide through one.. most is boring, but from 17-18 min or so to about 30 min mark has some action. Selin and I flip mirrors at the 25:21 mark. Yes we lost more and more each lap with this strategy :)

https://youtu.be/Mt-POzlM5mA
  • tony senese, MPR22 and Danny Steyn like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Number:34

Hey Jim, Awesome ride. Thanks for sharing! -Juan

• Jim Drago likes this

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Justin Elder

Justin Elder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:LOL
  • Car Number:19

Some good racing the first few laps, otherwise uneventful.  If you enjoy mediocrity, you will enjoy this. 

https://youtu.be/QtcpFTXBx7s

• Mike Collins, MPR22 and Jim Drago like this
Majors Winner - June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users