• Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Schedule (SM Quals up next)
http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1448995665

Live Timing and scoring
http://www.scca.com/...sessions/latest

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
Q1
http://www.race-moni...Session/5641240

J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Congrats to Selin on the pole and my teammates P4 and P5.  I'm predicting Selin is going to have a great year!

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Way to keep the kids honest Danny. :thumbsup:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Selin IS the real deal, and has been since I first saw him at Sebring several years back. We teamed up this weekend and by today's Qually session we were pretty dialed in.

We qualified with the same time to the 1/1,000th of a second. Never had the same time to the 1/1,000th in 8 years of racing. Will remember this one for a long time. Q2 is tomorrow morning and should be faster in the cooler temps. 

Lots of fast cars and drivers who just didn't get the lap they needed. Tomorrow will be interesting

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

DriftZ

DriftZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car Number:36

Quick thread hijack

Keen newbie here... interested in seeing what Spec Miata is about up close before taking my commitment to the next level. So as a non-competitor / spectator, will I have to pay entrance to come watch you guys this weekend or is it a open gate easy access affair?

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Quick thread hijack
Keen newbie here... interested in seeing what Spec Miata is about up close before taking my commitment to the next level. So as a non-competitor / spectator, will I have to pay entrance to come watch you guys this weekend or is it a open gate easy access affair?

If you send me a pm with your name, i will put you on my crew list and you wont have to pay
  • Johnny D, Bench Racer, pitbull113 and 2 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

DriftZ

DriftZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car Number:36

Awesome! done.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Q2

http://www.race-moni...Session/5641802

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Congrats to Cory Collum on a last lap draft pass at the checkers in R1 !!

http://www.race-moni...Session/5642010

J~

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Way to kick off the year! Congrats Cory!
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Yesterdays race was pretty uneventful at the front. On the first lap I tried hard to get Rossini team mate Selin Rollan on my butt and we got passed around the oval. I got back to the lead with a late break going into T2. Then Cory Collum inserted himself into the mix and broke us apart in T8, and the two of us just drove away to a 3 second lead. Then it was 12 laps of wondering what to do before the end of the race as the leading car was a sitting duck on the last lap around the oval. Had several conversations with Fowler, played different scenarios in my mind, but couldn't come up with a sensible game plan.

So there I was on the last lap, got a great run out of T8 onto the oval, pulled a few car lengths on Cory, but he was coming fast in the draft. We entered the T3 oval and I hugged the bottom forcing him to go wide. He went for the pass and then I heard bah-bah-bah-bah-bah as he forgot the 5th gear shift, and I smiled, and he dropped back in behind me, and then Cory heard bah-bah-bah-bah-bah from my car as I forgot my 5th gear shift. Too funny. And then he came around me! We had such a good laugh about it at impound. What a bunch of idiots!!! Living proof that anyone can run at the front in the Majors!

• Armando Ramirez likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

This was Cory's first Majors win. Fun to watch from pits as we all talked about who would make what move on the last lap. I predicted it right although I thought Danny might stay low and side draft Cory to prevent the pass out of NASCAR 4. But, now that I read the "forgot about the 5th gear", I understand.

Can't wait for another show this AM.

What a great race facility. If you've never been here, put it on your must do list. Region has done a great job.

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats Selin! Blake, so close! You gotta love SE Majors! Incredible talent through the top 20 cars. I don't know where else you can race with as much depth.
See all of you next week at my personal fav track.
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

R2 results.

http://www.race-moni...Session/5642682

J~

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Do you know how difficult it is to pull off the race course while leading??? Not easy. Wheel bearing going from bad to worse till eventually I thought the wheel might come off. As they say discretion is the better part of valor.

• dstevens likes this

Danny

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73

Do you know how difficult it is to pull off the race course while leading??? Not easy. Well bearing going from bad to worse till eventually I thought the wheel might come off. As they say discretion is the better part of valor.

Had too be a tough decision!! The right decision is often not only about your car or safety but the safety of others around you. These kind of decisions are just part of why I am very comfortable racing around you!!
  • Danny Steyn likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congratulations to all the podium finishers this weekend in s deep field.
Special congratulations to Chip Vanvurst as well, first weekend back after a two year layoff and he had a strong showing both days. One of toughest most determined guys I have ever met.

Thanks to Jeff and Cory and Autotecknik guys this weekend for taking great care of me and my car. We had a great time.
Not a great weekend for me, sometimes you just don't have it all together..
Off to Sebring to sort the new car.
Good fun guys
Jim
  • Danica Davison likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Just have to comment on the way Danny pulled out of a three car draft while up front in the middle of NASCAR 4 on the high banks of Homestead. I was standing in NASCAR 4 and had a perfect view. He made a slight move to the bottom and dropped below the white line while very slowly letting off the power. The cars behind him immediately knew he had a problem and went by him still in the same line they all three had been in 100 feet earlier. This would have been a super move for most of the Cup drivers. The banking on the bottom is 18 degrees and below the white line is flat. Amazing car control. Had he done this any other way, it would have most likely taken out all three of them.

Great job of being one with your car.

BTW, we whistled all the top guys plus a few others and everyone was fine. Found a couple of new RP's that seemed a little small. Interesting! I plan to ask Enterprise about it.

• Armando Ramirez likes this

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Just have to comment on the way Danny pulled out of a three car draft while up front in the middle of NASCAR 4 on the high banks of Homestead. I was standing in NASCAR 4 and had a perfect view. He made a slight move to the bottom and dropped below the white line while very slowly letting off the power. The cars behind him immediately knew he had a problem and went by him still in the same line they all three had been in 100 feet earlier. This would have been a super move for most of the Cup drivers. The banking on the bottom is 18 degrees and below the white line is flat. Amazing car control. Had he done this any other way, it would have most likely taken out all three of them.

Great job of being one with your car.

BTW, we whistled all the top guys plus a few others and everyone was fine. Found a couple of new RP's that seemed a little small. Interesting! I plan to ask Enterprise about it.

Thanks for noticing Jim. Did not want to mess up anyone's race!

Danny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users