• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001
I will be hosting an IRacing practice tonight at 7PM. Road Atlanta. "MazdaRacers". Come join us.

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
I'd be a complete hazard but if I get home in time would like to join in specator mode if you don't mind. Do you have to do anything to define it as a spectator event?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Not sure about spectator but I will try to figure it out before 7. Don't worry about being a hazard. Drive a little then get into the fast guy cars and watch. I've learned a lot from Hille and John Allen. They didn't even know I was riding with them.

When you are "In the pits" the lower left corner has your helmet and direction buttons. Click on one of those buttons until you find the guy you want to ride with. Great learning tool.

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Excellent, thanks! I've never spectated before but it sounds great.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Wow, it is so much easier to forget it's a sim when I spectate or ride along than when driving. Makes sense of course because it's just like watching video of actual racing, but it still surprised me. I got on just in time to watch some great close driving from both outside and inside cars. I don't know who's running a 3-screen setup but I was impressed with the car control and ability to run side by side so well. I did a few ragged laps late when the track was mostly clear but I'll need more seat time before I'd try running in the pack. You guys have the reflexes of an angry young cobra and drive on the very edge with remarkably few offs. Very impressive.

In ride-along mode the dash is dead and the only data on screen is a tiny MPH indicator, no gear, RPM, predictive lap, etc. is that normal? At least RPM would be nice.
  • Eric Orton likes this

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

We had another good turn out with four alien type drivers going at it tooth and nail the whole time. Lowest lap times I have ever seen at Road Atlanta. Of course I did set it up with the maximum grip level possible :). At the end as always we do mock races with inverse start. I did manage to stay in the lead for one entire lap!!!!! LOL I was then passed by three of the aliens in one corner ............

I encourage anyone interested to join us. There is plenty of competition no matter your level. Everyone is helpful.

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Eric Orton

Eric Orton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Pennsylvania
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:33

In ride-along mode the dash is dead and the only data on screen is a tiny MPH indicator, no gear, RPM, predictive lap, etc. is that normal? At least RPM would be nice.

If you can get ahold of one of their replays you'll then be able to see all of their inputs.

There's also a program called iSpeed that works much like any other real life data acquisition setup. If you're running it you can turn a bunch of laps, go back and compare all of the telemetry to someone else also running the iSpeed program. Practically any input you could imagine is recorded. You can use it just as you do in real life to see where you're losing time to faster cars. Pretty neat stuff.

Eric Orton

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Fantastic, that is very high on my look-for/wish-list once I get comfortable with the controls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users