Buck Muse Double SARRC/Double CCPS - March 26-27 at CMP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

nhallman

nhallman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Registration is open for South Carolina Region SCCA's Buck Muse Memorial Races, March 26-27 at CMP. This will be a Double SARRC and a Double CCPS (Carolina Cup Pro Series - similar format to ProIT with prize money payouts) weekend, so plenty of opportunities for double - or triple - track time for Spec Miata and IT drivers.

Details and online registration: http://www.scsportscar.com/buckmuse

Schedule: http://www.scsportsc...11-schedule.pdf

Supps: http://www.scsportsc.../2011-supps.pdf

Please note that all race starts will be located at S/F (not the back straight as in years past) for this event.

I know several of you were likely waiting until VIR was done this weekend to sign up, but quit worrying us and register soon! ;)

Hope to see you guys at the track!

--Nick

Nick Hallman
South Carolina Region SCCA
nick@scsportscar.com

Gary Giles

Gary Giles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Kind of weird . . . there is a Bob . . . uhhh . . . Bob . . . Thornton . ? . signed up for Spec Miata . . . What's up with that???? I thought he was too old to wheel a race car!!! :lol:

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Nasa SE, SCCA SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
You need to get Fowler signed up.
Nash Lawson

Ti-Speed Engineering Driver

2012 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM Champion
2011 NASA SE SM Regional Champion
2010 NASA SE SM Regional Champion

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:33

Kind of weird . . . there is a Bob . . . uhhh . . . Bob . . . Thornton . ? . signed up for Spec Miata . . . What's up with that???? I thought he was too old to wheel a race car!!! :lol:

Yup... I think it's true. He stuffed himself into the ol' big bird suit at VIR and even turned a few test laps. I think the suit might have shrunk a tad since his retirement. Musta left it in the sun or something.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at CMP!!

--Dan

E-Speed Motorsports

E-Speed Motorsports

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

:unsure: :rolleyes: :P :lol:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

E-Speed Motorsports

E-Speed Motorsports

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

You need to get Fowler signed up.

:unsure: :rolleyes: :P :lol:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

George Fusner

George Fusner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Central Carolina
  • Car Number:06
What a great weekend of racing...minus the cold and rainy weather. I had a blast finally racing with the legend Bobby Ray Thornton. I do believe he had a much more successful comeback than Michael Schumacher!! A 2nd and 4th after a 3-4 year hiatus, WAY TO GET UP ON THAT WHEEL BOB!!! I do have to thank him for the incredible engines in both of the, I guess I can call them now, factory Race Engineering cars. They never missed a beat. Also gotta thank Danny at Carbotech for the flawless brakes, I made the pass for both wins under braking. I also have to give a HUGE thanks to Steve Bertok at Panic, Tom Fowler at OPM, and all the guys at eSpeed for coming up with a trans and '99 torsion swap for my 1.6 winning car. The first session after lunch on Friday I managed to grenade my gearbox and rearend during a routine downshift entering turn 8. If it wasn't for those guys and the awesome work by the new Race Engineering crew chief Robert Huffman I wouldn't even been on grid. Thanks to all you guys!! This is really the best community of racers in the world! I can't wait to see all you guys down at Roebling in a month.

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Nasa SE, SCCA SE
  • Car Number:23
Congratulations on a great weekend George. It was a great weekend even with the cold and rainy weather. I wish I could have got a little closer on Saturday to give you and Bob some kind of challenge. Hope to see both of you on track again soon. I doubt I will be in Savannah so good luck.
Nash Lawson

Ti-Speed Engineering Driver

2012 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM Champion
2011 NASA SE SM Regional Champion
2010 NASA SE SM Regional Champion

Gary Giles

Gary Giles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That was a blast. Lots of great racing and good people.

Congrats to George on the 2 SARRC wins and Bertok/Tiley on the 2 CCPS wins. Nice work guys!

All 4 races had different track conditions. Lots of fun trying to figure it out each race.

The highlight for me was dicing with Bob for 5 laps in Sunday's SARRC race. We were side-by-side through Turns 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and/or 6 several times, sliding, but never making contact. That was a riot. Also enjoyed some great racing with Stephan in Saturday's SARRC and Dan and Sam in Sunday's CCPS. Good stuff!!

Thanks to OPM for the great setup and support. Tom, Tim and Ricky were awesome as usual. I had plenty of power from my RE motor, but you would think that buying a motor would get you at least one point by. :D Great to hang out with the Brocks, Safriets, Tom Hart and OPM crew all weekend. Looking forward to the next time.

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:33
Who knew hanging out in the cold and rain could be so fun? BIG congrats to Mr. George Fusner, who showed 'em all the fast way to get around in the SARRC this weekend. Stephan made him earn it on Sunday, which I'm sure made it all the better. Hard charger award goes to Gary "Rainman" Giles, who started DFL, but drove all the way up to 2nd with no yellows, turning fastest lap along the way in the SARRC. What a fun drive to watch from the sidelines!

As for us, Steve Bertok of Panic Motorsports once again brought an impeccably prepared car for the CCPS. No issues all weekend (other than whether to run rains, inters or slicks), and Bobby Ray's Bird power was flawless from start to finish. I even had my very first all out punt on the start of Sunday's race fighting for the rights to T4 with Nash, sending him into orbit via flat spin! Sorry buddy! Steve's using brakleen trying to scrub the bullseye off the Panicmobile as I write this. I've been told by Nash's wife, Shannon that I will not be receiving a Christmas card this year.

Most of all, thanks to Steve Bertok and the whole Panic crew for allowing me to join their team this year, when I didn't have my own car prepared. Beats the heck out of fighting the lawnmower on the weekends!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users