Photo

Pitt Majors

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

1 SM 44 Tyler Kicera 2:15.599

2 SM 9 Nick Leverone 2:17.280

3 SM 00 Marc Cefalo 2:18.304

4 SM 50 Ralle Rookey 2:18.356

5 SM 79 Spencer Patterson 2:19.106

6 SM 84 Jason Kohler 2:19.770   Maiden voyage

7 SM 36 Dave Metz 2:19.771

8 SM 63 John Hotz 2:20.250

9 SM 33 Eric Orton 2:20.296

10 SM 41 Vic Kicera 2:20.420

• speedengineer likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

speedengineer

speedengineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:84
Race was a disaster. 3 lap race. 45 minutes for crew to clean it up and fix tire walls. My car luckily escaped unscathed, but I can't say the same some of my friends and others. When are drivers going to learn not to try and win the race on the first lap? Not leaving me with a good impression of SM so far...

Jason Kohler 

#84 SM

www.youtube.com/user/speedengineering

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Sorry too read it was a cluster f!!! Does 2-3 laps even constitute a race?
  • Jim Drago likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

No, less than 50% time or laps and not re-started, no points or hardware.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

No, less than 50% time or laps and not re-started, no points or hardware.

I'm told we hit pit road under black flag around the 10 minute mark. They didn't actually throw the red to stop the clock for 5 more minutes. There were 10 minutes left when the red came out.

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

This is what my season is shaping up to be. 3 races and two steering racks replaced

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Not to pi$$ on the pole sitters deal, great job. Just commenting to the question Chris asked.

I'm told we hit pit road under black flag around the 10 minute mark. They didn't actually throw the red to stop the clock for 5 more minutes. There were 10 minutes left when the red came out.

I wasn't there or watching live on pc site.

"Open black flag displayed at all stations - The session has been stopped; all cars MUST stop racing, and proceed directly and immediately to the pits, exercising extreme caution."

"If a race is stopped at less than 50% or more of it's scheduled time or distance and is not restarted, it is incomplete; championship points shall not be awarded, and organizers will not be required to distribute trophies or other awards."

:noidea: only what I read in the GCR.

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Not to pi$$ on the pole sitters deal, great job. Just commenting to the question Chris asked.

I wasn't there or watching live on pc site.

"Open black flag displayed at all stations - The session has been stopped; all cars MUST stop racing, and proceed directly and immediately to the pits, exercising extreme caution."

"If a race is stopped at less than 50% or more of it's scheduled time or distance and is not restarted, it is incomplete; championship points shall not be awarded, and organizers will not be required to distribute trophies or other awards."

:noidea: only what I read in the GCR.

Bench, no offense taken...just explaining what I was told regarding our particular race.

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Tyler, it's soo much easier to read the rules when not involved within the race. Hope things go well for you all tomorrow.

I love working on my car, driving and watching Spec Miata racing, but this same crap (four wheels off and full bore back on track) over and over is disgusting. To me the only cure is, when four wheels are off the racing surface, come to a full stop and be directed back on track. Yep, I understand the issue of someone may get rubbed four wheels off, such is life. Take care of the issue off track after the race.  Maybe it's time to write a CRB letter. 

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
I asked simply having fun with Jason. I hadn't even thought about the official declaration of a race or not.
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
From the videos I have seen inhave not seen anyone trying to win on lap 1... I saw mistakes on a wet track that caused some unlucky casualties... I'm sure that would never happen in NASA pte!!!!
  • dbednarz likes this

K. Webb