Chris Ashcraft

Chris Ashcraft

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Region:NEO
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:76

I am so tired of the slop in my splined quick release, but i made the error of welding it on, i already ordered a new column but am trying to decide on what hub to get. I am between the Miata cage thread on and the NRG short hub plus quick release but i can't find the total length of the NRG. Can anyone help with this measurement. 

Is there any slop in the Miata Cage one?

Thanks

Chris

speedengineer

speedengineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:84

I am so tired of the slop in my splined quick release, but i made the error of welding it on, i already ordered a new column but am trying to decide on what hub to get. I am between the Miata cage thread on and the NRG short hub plus quick release but i can't find the total length of the NRG. Can anyone help with this measurement. 

Is there any slop in the Miata Cage one?

Thanks

Chris

The NRG 2.5 is what I have and been using for years.  Love it.  It's pretty short, but they sell spacers that you can install.  They are 10mm each and I installed two of them for my recent build, though I imagine most drivers would only use one spacer. 

If you still want the length, I can measure it when I get home.

Jason Kohler 

#84 SM

www.youtube.com/user/speedengineering

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andy Mitchell

Andy Mitchell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Region:Atlantic Canada
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:78

My NRG short hub and ball/collar type quick release = 3 7/8 inches from the front edge of the plastic steering wheel surround to the front edge of the steering wheel hub where it bolts on. YMMV.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

I've been using the NRG 2.5 quick release for 5 years now.  Works well.  I used a regular Momo hub instead of the NRG Short Hub.  The Short Hub placed the wheel too far away - too short...  The Momo hub positioned the wheel at the right spot for me.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users