I'm contemplating a Forced Air Helmet. Never bought one before so am looking for advice and have some questions.
First off, I don't have crew so I need to be able to connect and quickly disconnect the tubing myself.
Questions about Helmets:
1. According to Bell Helmet's web site, the top mount is the way to go if the intention is to cool your head. The side mount appears to be better for fogging with some cooling. Anyone have any experiences and advice on side vs top mount?
2. I've noticed that the intakes are either on the top of the helmet or the side of the helmet. Since this is a Miata, I don't think I have enough room for a top mount. I also don't think I'd be able to easily connect and disconnect myself since it is at the top of the helmet. Anyone have any experience with this?
3. The side mount intakes all point toward the back of the seat / car. I have an OMP HTE-R halo seat. How would I route the intake tube through the seat so that I could connect it?
Questions about the cooling system:
1. I'm assuming the duct for the intake system will be mounted in the passenger window. Correct?
2. Do I need a helmet cooling system with a pump or can I just buy or build a system with an air filter?
PS - I already have a Cool Shirt