Photo

Mid Ohio IT Spectacular weekend

- - - - -

Best Answer Bench Racer , 08-09-2016 02:09 PM

This must be pick on CAVEMAN week.

Some folks are very target rich of their own making. Read his signature.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001
I had a really great time this weekend as a resident of "Frank Town". The racing in my pack was clean and respectful. I had great fights with Stuart Lovdal and Will Dodd. It was fun chasing Patrick Gallagher who was a little (a lot) down on power. I actually got to push AJ and Patrick. Finally exiting the key hole with some speed. Congrats to Justin, Michael and especially Brian Murdick who was up front all three races. Gary Ellis had a solid weekend and is great fun to hang with. I want to thank the Mayor of "Frank Town" for always being available to answer my newbie questions. Thanks to Kyle again and to Adam Roberts. The car was really good! Thanks to Tommie T for the great cook outs. While still a long ways from being fast, I am getting faster each weekend. I haven't had this much fun in many years.
  • Caveman-kwebb99, Danny Steyn and lillyweld like this

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Year:1990
I agree, thought it was a great weekend with a lot of clean, close racing, at least back where I was. I met my goals for the weekend with three finishes in the top 1/2 of the field (14th, 14th, and 12th). Had fun racing with Lovedal, Lilly, Kucera and AJ, among others.

Now off to Grattan for something completely different!

Brian (#57)
  • MotoFusi likes this

lillyweld

lillyweld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

You're spot on, Randy: "Frank Town" was a blast. The food was great, and I never expected to laugh as long and as hard as I did that weekend. I especially want to thank Mayor Frank for the warm welcome: "Hi, I am Frank; are you going to run that generator all night?!"

Similarly, Tommie T wasted no time bustin' my balls by requiring an Uber fee for driving me down the hill from registration before he even knew my name. (Must run in the family.)

Seriously, I am very grateful to everyone for the help and friendship. Can't wait to come back [and run in the 42's] in October.

Cooper Lilly

#69 Spec Miata

Henderson, Kentucky

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Lol I got a text from the Mayor at 6am Friday . "Randy, would you mind moving over two spots"? You see I had no idea that "Franktown" had an official master plan and zoning..............LOL

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:35

You're spot on, Randy: "Frank Town" was a blast. The food was great, and I never expected to laugh as long and as hard as I did that weekend. I especially want to thank Mayor Frank for the warm welcome: "Hi, I am Frank; are you going to run that generator all night?!"

Similarly, Tommie T wasted no time bustin' my balls by requiring an Uber fee for driving me down the hill from registration before he even knew my name. (Must run in the family.)

Seriously, I am very grateful to everyone for the help and friendship. Can't wait to come back [and run in the 42's] in October.

We like to keep an eye the neighborhood, I am not sure how Randy got in, since he was a friend of Kyle. 

As always, it was  a fun time, its only serious for about about 60 min. out of the day.

Congrats to Justin and Michael on their weekend, a shout out to Brain Murdick for a P2 in the qualifying race and P3 over the weekend. He is figuring out that transition from a 1.6 to a 99.

The happiest moment of the weekend was when the guy that parked next to Cooper, who DID run his harbor freight generator all Thursday night decided to leave. 

• lillyweld likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Thank God I got my generator at Wal-Mart! Lol
  • lillyweld likes this

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38

Generators past midnight are in bad form. 

• mellen likes this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

Great weekend of racing. Mostly very clean. Some small contact. Stewarts had a talk with a few drivers but no penalties were given. Drivers discussed situations and shook hands. 

A few drivers really picked up their game. Brian, Maloof, Carter. 

Caveman had issues with his car on Saturday and didn't race on Sunday. 

lots of improvement mid pack as well. 

the only sorta bad incident was the bare foot Canadians found a wall without any help. They were able to find parts in the paddock and continue on Sunday. Great family 

all in all a very good weekend. Now if the runoffs could be this good. 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

lillyweld

lillyweld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Mayor Frank, you are correct: we all did a Snoopy dance when we saw that guy pull away on Friday.

Unfortunately, Ralph, there were a few penalties given. A couple of cars in the back passed under yellow and were docked three positions. Although I heard mixed opinions about both drivers, I heard they were both ruggedly handsome. :bsflag2:

Cooper Lilly

#69 Spec Miata

Henderson, Kentucky

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Ok, so who's ready to start sharing all the secrets?  While it was fun to meet Randy and Kyle, and see Frank again, it's no fun being 2 seconds off the guys who are 2 seconds off the leaders.  How much cross is too much???!!!

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Mayor Frank, you are correct: we all did a Snoopy dance when we saw that guy pull away on Friday.

Unfortunately, Ralph, there were a few penalties given. A couple of cars in the back passed under yellow and were docked three positions. Although I heard mixed opinions about both drivers, I heard they were both ruggedly handsome. :bsflag2:

To be honest as I was passing the start finish the flagger was holding the double yellow but it was kind of rolled up, I looked at it and said hmm is that a double yellow. I continued my speed but had my eyes up for another flag, did not see any other except after coming out of turn 1, the pace car already had picked up the leaders and we had to come to a stop rather quickly. 

A few car pass but gave the spot back and feel back in place...This was 11-8 positions. 

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:35

Ok, so who's ready to start sharing all the secrets?  While it was fun to meet Randy and Kyle, and see Frank again, it's no fun being 2 seconds off the guys who are 2 seconds off the leaders.  How much cross is too much???!!!

Domm since you are a good guy i am going to help you out. First we unhook both sway bars, run an open diff, and we put about 55 degrees of cross, run the air pressure at about 48 hot. You drive the car for about a year like that, then put the good set up under it and you drive like a star. :)

There were some organizational issues from our stand point but the one thing that I thought was Correct was that if they had issues with you and did not stop you at black Flag, they came to see you and tell you what the infraction was and what the penalty was. Gave you a chance to tell your side and issue penalty.

Unlike What used to happen in NASA where you go down to the driver meeting look at the grid and find out your moved to DFL.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Number:56

It was fun racing with everyone again. Luckily I was able to escape from AS car for a minute and come up and chat with you for a bit Randy. Thanks for the push to get me going!

• MotoFusi likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Doc, baseline set-up note given to me by several fast guys: Ride height, don’t measure from pinch welds ..... not straight and consistent - measure bump stops...5/8 inch rear , 3/4 front from top of shock up to bump stop. Wedge the car to 51.5% cross. Toe out 1/16" front. 0 toe rear. Front bar full stiff rear bar left mid and right soft. If too much wheel spin in tight corners full soft in rear. Camber: 3.5 LF, 3.0 RF, 2.8 LR, 2.5. RR. Front caster equal and full positive. The rear cam should be 180 deg opposite to the front in the front control arm. Tune with rear ride heights. More wedge needed, raise LR or lower RR. If need to dewedge, do opposite. Tune in 1/4 turn increments equally. If you mess with the fronts, toe changes. Remember to do weights with driver weight in the car with one gallon and sways disconnected and connect with weight in the car with no preload. Additional tuning: toe out 3/32 inch font... 1/16 in on rear...fnt helps turn in ..rear help settles the car under braking
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Great weekend of racing. Mostly very clean. Some small contact. Stewarts had a talk with a few drivers but no penalties were given. Drivers discussed situations and shook hands. 

A few drivers really picked up their game. Brian, Maloof, Carter. 

Caveman had issues with his car on Saturday and didn't race on Sunday. 

lots of improvement mid pack as well. 

the only sorta bad incident was the bare foot Canadians found a wall without any help. They were able to find parts in the paddock and continue on Sunday. Great family 

all in all a very good weekend. Now if the runoffs could be this good. 

Car shut off at madness, when I caught the p3-p5 gagle... I got it back running and tried like hell to make it happen a second time and it never did.  

I went home not because of the car problems, I had a tennis tournament that needed to be won in cincinnati!  and My team and I won!

The car was slated to be fixed after being collected at RA from the Spinning Pollock, so off the car went to the body shop for painting and replacing a door and fender. Thanks to the Adam Roberts Body shop!!!!

K. Webb