sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:55

Is anyone streaming in car video of the race? 

Senter Smith

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

WOW - this is going to be one helluva race. Really wish I was there with you. Congrats to Hille going two-for-two, and Carter two-for-two -for-two. Some fast times - is a '39 out of the question???

Absolutely out if the qurstion ( I hope anyway) track is rubbering up nicely and started to see all tires working now, not just old ones which defies logic .

I will be streaming race.. Should be good video as I don't plan on staying in forth
I can't tell how mistake free and edge you are to turn a sub 41lap.. Very impressive and insanely difficult to do. Kudos to those guys..
Danny you must have taught Hille you qualifying method as he is two for two with us pulling him to the pole. . I need to move up tomorrow as my time won't hold.. I think you will need a sub 41 to start top five
  • B(Kuch)Kucera45, sentercut and MotoFusi like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45

If they go 39s I sell my car.

I'll buy it ! :)
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Still heaten UP!!!

The 40's crowd with 4 additional today.   :thumbsup:   (Jim, if I was talken age, it would be the 50's crowd :rotfl:)

Hille

Carter

Roberts

Additional today:

Nufer

Smart

Goulart

Drago

Oh so close for Stearns 41.008  

http://www.scca.com/...sessions/latest

7 within .5 second

15 within 1 second

Bolanos has improved greatly today hopefully he and dad have chased the gremlins away.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

When you post this link that says "latest" at the end, guess what ? you get live timing.

http://www.scca.com/...85982-sm-qual-3

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

REMINDER: JOIN US AT TONIGHT'S MAZDA DINNER BANQUET FOR THE SCCA RUNOFFS

Dear Mazda Competitors,

You are invited to our dinner banquet tonight at the Mid-Ohio Conference Center. We will honor our Mazda competitors who are competing at the SCCA Runoffs and their 2016 seasons.  

You can receive your banquet ticket at the Mazda competition parts trailer located at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in the Upper Paved Lot by the large Mazda tent. Please see James Painter or David Cook for tickets, Mazda hats and shirts.  If you are unable to pick up your tickets at the track, please pick them up when you arrive at the Mid-Ohio Conference Center (information below).  
• DATE:                September 21, 2016
• TIME:                Drinks served at 6:30 PM; food served at 7:15 PM
• VENUE:             Mid-Ohio Conference Center
• VENUE INFO:   www.midohioconferencecenter.com

As always, thank you for your support of Mazda and good luck at the 2016 SCCA Runoffs presented by Garmin VIRB.

Sincerely,

Your Mazda Family

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

This can be a great time to discuss all the SM coverage you've had thus far. ^^

I think Jeff Lepper has said the word Spec Miata once and word Miata and Mazda a few times with nothing mentioned (well.. Justins lap time is posted) in the end of the days reports thus far.

J~

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

When you post this link that says "latest" at the end, guess what ? you get live timing.

http://www.scca.com/...85982-sm-qual-3

J~

Gee, the inefficiency of my post, two clicks and same results. :chillpill:

Your job on Thursday.

• Danica Davison likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I'm here all week/weekend, just on CA time and need to get things running here before all this important stuff.

But just as a learning moment... If you're watching Live T&S...there's that little red tab up top that says "other session"

And if you wait a bit, a new SM will appear after SM was out on track.

And then you have the magic link to all that is holy and good.

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Another within the 1:40 second slot.

Hille        40.732

Carter     40.774

Roberts  40.914

Drago, oh so close 41.010

Top 10 within .5 second

Top 18 within 1 second

WTF was here, GT1???

http://www.scca.com/...85922-sm-qual-2

Q 1 & 2

http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1474389608

I was assuming by your "WTF" comment and you posting that "latest" link for the 2nd day in a row, that you didn't know why you were getting that result.

You clean up your posts and playing cool like you know what your doing today "the inefficiency of my post, two clicks and same results" ??

Fine, I'll :chillpill:

J~

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001

In the immortal words or Rodney King.........."Ca ca can't we all get along?" LOL

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

It's all good. Just getting my point of view across. :)

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

It gets heated here, Will see what happens after the race/tech.

Parity threads were pretty good too/heated.

try 30 pages with everyone's opinion.

Pretty calm with a lot of lurkers right now.

J~

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I hope this week will end the 1.6 parity debates. Other than the NA 1.8 these cars are as equal as it gets. Look at the top 20 cars close to one second.

Jason is running a stock 1.6 with a Stewart head and is kicking butt.

This is one competative event. I am running laps faster than I ever have before at my home track, below the prior track record and I am sitting 17th. Currently.

The mood has been fun, no drama, everyone seams to be enjoying it.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Yes, it looks like will have to update this, not sure about updating the name though. :)

http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1474225172

J~

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

I hope this week will end the 1.6 parity debates. Other than the NA 1.8 these cars are as equal as it gets. Look at the top 20 cars close to one second.

Jason is running a stock 1.6 with a Stewart head and is kicking butt.

Frank, you shouldn't have even hinted at parity much less call it case closed!

I thought Jason was kidding about switching to a 1.6, but assuming it is true I still don't see how being .85 off the pole is kicking butt. Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed, but I suspect that Jim, Justin and a number of others would not think they had kicked butt with that. Maybe you are implying that Jason isn't experienced enough to be that close without a superior car? Maybe, I wouldn't know, but we've seen new drivers hit the track and be just as competitive very fast. And let's not forget that qualifying has always been it's strength, so I expect to see a well driven one at least that close if they are roughly equal overall.

As for the engine, the head is where all the gains are found. I assume he has at least done the recently allowed improvements? You can run things like "worn" low tension rings and looser bearing clearances but those don't add up to much.

All that said, I'm not saying the 1.6 isn't competitive, but I am saying that Jason's Q times are certainly not settling the issue one way or the other.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
+1
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45

Frank, you shouldn't have even hinted at parity much less call it case closed!
I thought Jason was kidding about switching to a 1.6, but assuming it is true I still don't see how being .85 off the pole is kicking butt. Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed, but I suspect that Jim, Justin and a number of others would not think they had kicked butt with that. Maybe you are implying that Jason isn't experienced enough to be that close without a superior car? Maybe, I wouldn't know, but we've seen new drivers hit the track and be just as competitive very fast. And let's not forget that qualifying has always been it's strength, so I expect to see a well driven one at least that close if they are roughly equal overall.
As for the engine, the head is where all the gains are found. I assume he has at least done the recently allowed improvements? You can run things like "worn" low tension rings and looser bearing clearances but those don't add up to much.
All that said, I'm not saying the 1.6 isn't competitive, but I am saying that Jason's Q times are certainly not settling the issue one way or the other.

OOOhhhhh snap,you done did now ! Lol :)
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

A 1.6 isn't winning this weekend, isn't winning at Indy next year either.

1.6 lives matter.

J~

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

track is rubbering up nicely and started to see all tires working now, not just old ones which defies logic.

Interesting. Are you considering trying new(er) tires for Q4?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users