4 replies to this topic

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Region:South Jersey

Lightning Strikes The Jerk!

The South Jersey Region will be conducting its season ending NJRRS championship series races at New Jersey Motorsports Park. This event is the Jersey Road Racing Classic (JRRC) regional races on 22-23 October. This year the event is shifting to the Lightning course giving everybody a second chance on the popular 1.9 mile course.

The season is coming to an end and it is time to get excited for "The Jerk" (keep your hands on the wheel). The races will feature a qualifying session and three races of 10, 12 and 15 laps for each group. Lots of track time, plenty of racing. Two days, three races - Race, Race, Race! The JRRC will be season finale for the NJRRS series - NJRRS Points - as well as the last 2016 race in the Northeast Division. One last opportunity to run your car before the winter break / overhaul.

There will be no separate SCCA Test Day for the JRRC.

The South Jersey Region and New Jersey Motorsports Park are dedicating the 2016 Jersey Road Racing Classic to support Coats for Kids. We will be collecting new coats with their tags attached for infants through young adults. We will also accept other warm clothing including hats, gloves and scarves. This clothing will be distributed to under privileged youths in the South Jersey area.

Check out The Jerk on DLB ---> Schedule and Supps ... Register ... Entry List

Hope to see ya at The Jerk

Terry

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Still have a few miles left in your race car? Still have the urge to do another race before winter sets in? There's one more race left in the Northeast Division this year - the Jersey Road Racing Classic aka 'The Jerk' on 22-23 October. This year the racing is on the Lightning Course and will again feature the race, race, race format.  One last chance for your racing fix.

Registration on DLB ---> Schedule and Supps ... Register ... Entry List

There will be an NJMP Test Day on Friday.

If you are planning on attending, please consider supporting our partnership with Coats for Kids. We will be collecting new coats with their tags attached for infants through young adults. We will also accept other warm clothing including hats, gloves and scarves. This clothing will be distributed to under privileged youths in the South Jersey area.

Hope to see ya at The Jerk

Terry

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Terry, 

I want to do a test day to learn the track however my car that I will be using for the event will not be there till late afternoon Friday.

Can I bring my mini cooper just to learn the track on Friday? 

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Rich

Terry, 

I want to do a test day to learn the track however my car that I will be using for the event will not be there till late afternoon Friday.

Can I bring my mini cooper just to learn the track on Friday? 

The Test Day is being run by NJMP as part of a Member Day / Test Session - any decision would have to be made by them.  It sounds like you are asking if you can use your street legal Mini Cooper on Friday for track familiarization.  You may be able to participate in the Member Day Experienced Group to get a good feel for the Lightning Course.  Your best bet would be to call Tom Holding at the track - 856 327-7217 - and ask him which group is best for you.

See ya at The Jerk

Terry

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Thanks, thats exactly what I want to do..

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NJMP, The Jerk, NJRRS, Lightning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users