Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
OK, I was down at Sebring flagging this past week and in addition to the ALMS, some of the support races were SVRA. Within this, there was a silver 1999 Miata running (looked like it would usually be #5 although it was changed to #551 for the vintage racing). Now I would certainly consider an old NA a vintage car, but I would question an NB. Is there some significant history associated with this car that I am missing?

Thanks for any serious info.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

OK, I was down at Sebring flagging this past week and in addition to the ALMS, some of the support races were SVRA. Within this, there was a silver 1999 Miata running (looked like it would usually be #5 although it was changed to #551 for the vintage racing). Now I would certainly consider an old NA a vintage car, but I would question an NB. Is there some significant history associated with this car that I am missing?

Thanks for any serious info.

Jerry:
Maybe ALMS is secretly run by NASA?
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Number:88
That's a hysteric car. (Just check out the NASA spec for 99s thread)

(Oops, I missed Jerry's request for seriousness. Sorry)
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65
Field filler. I know SVRA has a "catch all" group... used to run it in the Porsche. Really great group.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

naparsei

naparsei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Car Number:#38
You saw the rest of the field, right? My daughter is 11, and there was stuff on the track newer than her. How many laps ahead of the 2nd place car was the Audi prototype (racing in Vintage)? How many laps ahead of that MG TD? The speed differential between T16 and T17 must have been 85+...

Protech Racing

Protech Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I crew the red Vette that was 3rd,and the Blue "Gransport" clone, ( behind the two GTP cars.) .Pretty much if your check clears, you race. Not a bad deal, 500$ entry gets you some tickets for the week long party and a car pass inside the paddock.
MM

http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

mogren@tampabay.rr.com, 352.428/8983

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
You get the same thing at the Mitty, SM's running in whatever group HSR wants as long as they get money.
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users