rayce13

rayce13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Colorado
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:13

New to SM and finishing up the livery on our new car.  When I last raced 3 years ago in FV Saferacer decals were required.  When I went to Saferacer site the decals page is no longer active.  Did they stop sponsoring SCCA?  I tried to look at SCCA site for decals for sale but remarkably they don't have the ones that seem to be required per the GCR.

Anyone have clarification on current requirements and source?

Thanks in advance for any help for a newby!

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

I dunno but my chapter has the stickers in the tech shed at the beginning of the season so people can buy them during annual tech.  Brilliant.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Region:DET
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:67
I don't know how you are supposed to know this or where you are supposed to get them but they are Summit Racing stickers now.

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

The SCCA stickers will be given to you when you get a logbook issued. Depending upon region, this may have a small fee, $5, for the book.

Additional contingency stickers are required for some awards. Usually these are available in tech. To be elidgable for the award you must pre-register through SCCA.com every year. This includes Hoosier, Summit, Redline, Hawk etc.

I know the Summit sticker is supposed to be on the front fender, I had it on the rear bumper behind the tire and had a tech guy not sign the form. So read the requirements as posted at SCCA.com.

Mazda has there own signup requirements and graphic requirements.

Hope this helps

dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

manthony121

manthony121

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Region:Glen Region
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:59

Whatever stickers, patches, etc, the SCCA requires can be purchased through the SCCA website.  Mazda sells a kit with all their decals from the Mazda Motorsports site.  Other local chapters, championship series, etc, may have their own stickers, and they are generally available at the tech inspection or sign in for the event.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Yeah, the Saferacer logo is no longer on the SCCA Club Racing sticker.  I do not think they renewed contract.  So, means everyone who has the Saferacer SCCA sticker has to change them or the sticker Nazi's will get you! 

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

You can always call SCCA Club Racing and request the stickers.  800-770-2055.  I know they had them to hand out at the prior Majors.  We have a CRB call tonight, I will ask what the best way is to get the stickers and will post tomorrow.  

There is a new Race Memo 17-04  http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1488576706

that shows the new logo.

http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1488576706

• BNaumann likes this

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

What am i going to do with all those SCCA SafeRacer stickers i horded over the years?

• Danica Davison likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

rayce13

rayce13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Colorado
  • Car Number:13

Thank you for the replies!  Very helpful.

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Since I also do annual inspections, I have a hoard of Saferacer stickers.  I think I will use them to re-roof the house.  I really want to thank Charlie and Saferacer.com for their incredible support of SCCA Club Racing over the years.  We have been very fortunate to have them on board.  Thank you Saferacer.com

• MPR22 likes this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Summit Racing Equipment Named SCCA Road Racing Sponsor

medium.jpg?1488909061

TOPEKA, Kan. (March 7, 2017) – The Sports Car Club of America® announced today that Summit Racing Equipment has been named sponsor of the SCCA® Road Racing program.  With this agreement, SCCA’s amateur road racing activities -- which include Regional, U.S. Majors Tour®, Hoosier Racing Tire Super Tour and the National Championship Runoffs® -- now fall within the Summit Racing Equipment SCCA Road Racing program.

“Summit Racing Equipment has supported SCCA racers with a great contingency program for years, and we're excited to expand that relationship,” said Eric Prill, SCCA Vice President and COO.  “From parts to tools and safety gear, Summit is a great source for almost anything an SCCA racer needs!”

Summit Racing Equipment SCCA Road Racing decals will replace previous Club Racing stickers and will be required on every SCCA race car.  One sticker will appear on the front of cars, and one on each side. New decals are available, free of charge to racers, through the SCCA national office and at SCCA Club Racing events.

Along with sponsorship of the SCCA Road Racing program, Summit Racing Equipment continues to support U.S. Majors Tour® racers with a contingency program. In 2017, Summit Racing Equipment will award a $100 product certificate to winners in all classes, and a $50 product certificate to those finishing second.

"We’ve received such a positive response to our participation in the SCCA contingency program over the last several years,” said Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports and Events Manager Jim Greenleaf.  “The opportunity to expand our support to SCCA racers through the title sponsorship of the SCCA Road Racing program was a natural progression.”

For more information about Summit Racing Equipment, visit https://www.summitracing.com.  For more information about SCCA Club Racing, visit www.scca.com.

About Summit Racing Equipment

Based in Tallmadge, Ohio, Summit Racing Equipment has set and reset the standard for fast shipping, customer service, and tech expertise for over 40 years. Since the beginning, the company followed a simple formula: Give customers the parts they want at a fair price, deliver those parts fast, and back them with the best customer service on the planet.  Learn more at www.summitracing.com.

About the Sports Car Club of America:
The Sports Car Club of America®, Inc., founded in 1944, is a 67,500-member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both club and professional levels. With headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, the SCCA annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 116 Regions and subsidiary divisions. Much of the SCCA’s activities are made possible with support from the following Official Partners: Chevrolet, the Official Truck of the SCCA; Hawk Performance, the Official Brake Products of SCCA; Mobil 1, the Official Oil of SCCA; Sunoco, the Official Fuel of SCCA; and Tire Rack, the Official Tire Retailer of SCCA. To learn more, please visit www.scca.com.

https://www.scca.com...-racing-sponsor

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Would it be anti SCCA to say i like the looks of the Safe racer decal better?

• M.Tanz likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I prefer the old "Figure 4" sticker, but happy to have Summit on board.

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

I actually prefer the term "Road Racing" to "Club Racing".  

• BNaumann likes this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I know SCCA want you to run a fresh great looking SCCA sticker but couldn't they just have a SCCA and Sponsor Sticker ?

Or did I just answer my own question...lol

Their not double booking/sponsoring are they, where's the Super duper Hoosier sticker ?

But the market guy is sure doing a nice job.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Brian Tone

Brian Tone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Number:55

I literally put new SafeRacer SCCA stickers on the car this past sunday.....

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Just hope they are the same size like always and you can just put it on top of the saferacer ones :)

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Just hope they are the same size like always and you can just put it on top of the saferacer ones :)

I think your screwed because it round on one side, but that's just me. :)

Somebody have one ??

J~

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

I think your screwed because it round on one side, but that's just me. :)

Somebody have one ??

J~

It works well enough if your paint is that delicate. Saw it done this weekend.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

It works well enough if your paint is that delicate. Saw it done this weekend.

Could you cut it out Square, including the white back ground on the left and then have a 2 pc assemble ??

I guess I should back things up, is the left side round ??

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users