Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

medium.jpg?1494862744

TOPEKA, Kan. (May 15, 2017) -- After an extensive and thoughtful search process, Sports Car Club of America® proudly announces Michael Cobb as the organization’s new President and Chief Executive Officer.  An SCCA® member with more than 25 years of diverse experience transforming brands, companies and cultures, Cobb will officially embrace his new role June 1 with the Club.

The Dallas-area resident comes to the SCCA after serving as Chief Marketing Officer for Gold’s Gym, one of the most recognized names in fitness. During his tenure at Gold's Gym, Cobb leveraged his marketing, business development and operations leadership skills to help reposition the company, expand the brand's footprint and deliver new products that capitalize on emerging consumer trends.

Lee Hill, Chairman of SCCA’s 13-member Board of Directors, said Cobb emerged as an extremely strong candidate from the seven finalists considered for the position. After a 13-0 vote, Cobb was identified as the unanimous choice by Board members.

“There were three very strong candidates at the end of the interview process who all met the criteria being sought,” Hill noted.  “Michael’s skill and experience in marketing and as a franchisor gave him an edge, and all 13 members of the Board believe he’s best for this position.  Michael can come into this exciting opportunity knowing the Board is solidly invested in his hire, which will give him a strong foundation for future success.”

Prior to Gold’s Gym, Cobb established a strong track record developing and operating several different agency business units for Omnicom, one of the most dynamic marketing communication companies in the world. He has led marketing efforts for brands such as Pizza Hut, Burger King, Pepsi, Lipton, KFC, Dannon and Frito-Lay. He has shown a particular knack for “activating” brands and businesses with solutions that attract customers, inspire stakeholders, create community and drive growth.

Cobb graduated with a bachelor’s degree in advertising from Sam Houston State University, and went on to graduate from Omnicom's Global Senior Management Program and The STAGEN Integral Leadership Program.  In his new position as SCCA President/CEO, Cobb is tasked with structuring, building, managing and leading effective staff and operational efforts. He will partner with the Board of Directors and staff to craft, update and forward the vision, mission and strategic goals of the organization. His role includes functioning as a leader, ambassador, spokesperson and representative, as well as becoming the “face of the SCCA.” The assignment requires collaboratively engaging with and supporting the Board of Directors to ensure highly effective governance, leadership and policy setting efforts. He will model and inspire a positive, cooperative, inclusive and fun Club culture and brand, as well as advance the highest safety and ethical standards on behalf of SCCA members, regions, participants, staff, spectators and other key stakeholders.

“At the highest level, this opportunity is about building relationships and stewardship,” Cobb said.  “Strengthening relationships based on trust across the BoD, regions, staff, membership and our valued partners will continue to be job one. And with regard to stewardship, it is about doing all we can, collectively, to ensure we build a solid foundation that sets the SCCA up for much more success across the next 70 years.”

While Cobb arrives at the SCCA with fantastic professional credentials, he also brings with him a love of motorsport. He grew up in admiration of his father, an autocrosser who won local SCCA events with regularity. Racing firmly embedded in his DNA, Cobb established his competition “career” at an early age by winning a Texas Soap Box Derby event, and competed in the Nationals in Akron, Ohio. In 2007, he began participating in SCCA autocross with the Texas Region, claimed the Novice of the Year award in his first full season of competition, and competed in the Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals. Through such participation, Cobb discovered what keeps SCCA members returning year after year.

“Of course, the thrill of competition and having fun with cars is a big part of the SCCA lifestyle,” Cobb noted.  “The camaraderie and ‘relationships’ built through Club activities are a huge part of the equation, too. I am just as passionate about building relationships based on trust, respect and integrity as I am about winning my class at the next autocross event.”

The search for a new President/CEO began late last year.  Before applicants were sought, SCCA’s Board of Directors worked extensively with a consulting firm to outline attributes for an ideal candidate. Nearly 100 people applied for the position.  The Board of Directors, after two anonymous votes, narrowed the field down to seven candidates for the interview phase.  The finalists completed surveys that helped identify strengths and management styles in March 2017 before in-person interviews with the Board of Directors.

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10
Sounds like a winner to me.

MAKE SCCA GREAT AGAIN!!!
  • Richard Astacio likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:29

Unable to start a separate thread due to some technical difficulties, but here is the conclusion to the situation that necessitated this change. 

https://www.justice....1-months-prison

What do you guys think of the justice being served here?

It seems to light for me, SHE stole this money and used it to enrich herself and family, she will only have to repay what she stole, not what she had GAINED and I believe that sends the wrong message, where is the deterrent? 51 months possibly reduced to less than half (not specifically in the article but common). I would do that in a heartbeat if I was allowed to grow 4 million over 4 YEARS and keep all my PROFITS!!!!!!!!   

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Go troll somewhere else!
  • Waterboy likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

HAHAHA good 1, sorry your incapable of having an intellectual conversation about our justice system, I only bring this up because it hits close to home, an the threads are getting repetitive so I thought some off topic discussion about whats going on in our country would spice it up.

Always happy to see you swinging, you are just too funny :)

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

I would do that in a heartbeat if I was allowed to grow 4 million over 4 YEARS and keep all my PROFITS!!!!!!!!

Then why don't you go do it then

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Then why don't you go do it then

Your dime I'll do the time

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Pardon my confusion but Mr. Cobb is the new club president, right?

I believe David L is referring to the Pro Racing president, no?

Completely unrelated, yes?
  • dstevens likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I would do that in a heartbeat if I was allowed to grow 4 million over 4 YEARS and keep all my PROFITS!!!!!!!!   

And this in a Nutshell describes your character!  Sad! 

• Waterboy likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Pardon my confusion but Mr. Cobb is the new club president, right?

I believe David L is referring to the Pro Racing president, no?

Completely unrelated, yes?

Unable to create new thread this is the closest I could get.

And this in a Nutshell describes your character!  Sad! 

Re read it Jim, I said I would do 51 months, I would never STEAL from anyone,

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Unable to create new thread this is the closest I could get.

Re read it Jim, I said I would do 51 months, I would never STEAL from anyone, but I'm glad to see so many supporters for the degenerates of society. 

I doubt you could do 51 hours...  People that have been in aren't so cavalier about it.  The plea includes a forfeiture and restitution provision.  It's ignorant and naive to think they'd let the defendant keep the proceeds.

EDIT:  Check your Fed sentencing guidelines.  The defendant will serve most of that 51 months.  They are eligible for 54 days credit per year for good behavior.  The Feds don't parole.   The supervised release will happen under the terms of the sentence.

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

She was ordered to repay approximately 4.25 of the 4.5 she stole, that does not include any proceeds and I have a hunch there  were proceeds.

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32
David L,

For goodness sake, this is a forum about racing. If you have a problem with sentencing guidelines, or the justice system in general, go find a forum that deals with that.

CNJ
  • dstevens, Waterboy, Jim Drago and 1 other like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Neil O

Neil O

MEATHEAD Racing Draftman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:06

If only racing these little cars was as easy and simple as pouring gas on a fire and watching it get bigger.   

I guess we all have to be good at something?    

Neil 

• dstevens, Waterboy, Jim Drago and 1 other like this

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
David, why couldn't you create a new thread? Why the burning desire to do so?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

She was ordered to repay approximately 4.25 of the 4.5 she stole, that does not include any proceeds and I have a hunch there  were proceeds.

The forfeiture assets are in addition to the cash restitution.  The entire sum included the property that is being seized.  You don't have to be good at math to know that stash of vehicles could be in the $250k range.   The details should be in the plea agreement.  They don't let you keep what was stolen when you do a deal like this.  If they thought there was more they'd have went after it.

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

If only racing these little cars was as easy and simple as pouring gas on a fire and watching it get bigger.   

Neil

LOL :D :D  shoot. I wish it were that simple too

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

David, why couldn't you create a new thread? Why the burning desire to do

Well since we talked about Scott Tucker when he had some issues(similar) and everyone was eager to chime in I just thought this would go over just as well.

Neil 

Neil, these cars are easy to drive, thought you would have received the special instructions from your crew, you know.

Just drive em like you stole em

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

David, why couldn't you create a new thread? Why the burning desire to do so?

Several reasons.. David is jealous that he doesn't make very much money. He resents anyone who spends more than he can racing and thinks the only reason he isn't among the elite is our stupid little fish bowl is because people have out spent him and cheated him. He cant stand Mike for those and perhaps other reasons and is basking in the glory of Mike hard times. Mike is a pretty big target and likely the first to admit it. However comparing him to Scott Tucker is a huge stretch, a joke actually. The difference in this scenario is Mike( the guy you are trying to embarrass and sole purpose of your posts) is not, has not and will not be charged with any wrong doing. His wife, mother of all his kids was charged solely. Mike didn't get out of it, he was not involved. She committed a crime, was sentenced and will have to pay for her crime. Unfortunately so will Mike and his children. This has to be about one of the worst possible scenarios to hit a family. I would not wish this on my worst enemy, even Steve Gorrarian when I hated him the most. :)  This is not about racing and our mini soap opera, this is real life. Give it a break! Taking any pleasure in blasting Mike and celebrating this here as you are shows what a low life troll you really are.

• dstevens, Alberto, Waterboy and 3 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Well said Jim! And thanks for saying what most have not! This whole post should be errased as it someone posting negatives here is not healthy for our group whatsoever!

K. Webb