• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Reg

https://www.motorspo...colorado-243628

Entries so far

13  Dykstra, Rayce   1999  Hoosier, Spencer Fane LLP, All Stars RV, Mascot Pet Products Littleton, CO
'04  Harms, John   1999   Plano, TX
4  Soward, Mike   1999  Black Hills Racing Sioux Falls, SD

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Peter Olivola

Peter Olivola

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

FYI, High Plains is a Rocky Mountain Division event, not Midwest Division.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

FYI, High Plains is a Rocky Mountain Division event, not Midwest Division.

Noted. :)

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Reg

https://www.motorspo...colorado-243628

Entries so far

13  Dykstra, Rayce   1999  Hoosier, Spencer Fane LLP, All Stars RV, Mascot Pet Products Littleton, CO

Very sad because it is a very fun track and it races very well.  

• rayce13 likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

rayce13

rayce13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Colorado
  • Car Number:13

Very fun track, come on out!

J. Pressman

J. Pressman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Question for those familair with the Colorado/ Rocky Mountain region SCCA.  Why are the turnouts so small for SM?  Shortly after I moved out to CO, about 3 years ago, I attended an SCCA regional at HPR (as a spectator) and they had a single SM running with the SRF group.  Now jump forward a few years and there are three cars registered for a Majors race?

NASA Rocky Mountain region gets ~30 SM per event for their regional series...so what gives?

Genuinely curious as I hope to have a new car built this winter for the 2018 season.

2007 ARRC Champion - SSM

Peter Olivola

Peter Olivola

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

If you come out to the Last Chance Majors look me up and I'll try to give you an answer up to the limits of my understanding.  Best to get me during lunch in the Pavilion as I will be an Operating Steward.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Entries almost doubled. :)

27  Nufer, Max   1999  NRE- Nufer Race Engineering/East Street Racing St. Louis, MO
8  Winning, Theodore   1995   Parker, CO

NRE

NRE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:MidWest
  • Car Number:27
I definitely recommend making the drive to High Plains Raceway! It’s an incredible track with a ton of elevation change and a lot of good places for passing. Let’s get those entry numbers up!

mvzante

mvzante

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Region:DMVR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:44

Question for those familair with the Colorado/ Rocky Mountain region SCCA.  Why are the turnouts so small for SM?  Shortly after I moved out to CO, about 3 years ago, I attended an SCCA regional at HPR (as a spectator) and they had a single SM running with the SRF group.  Now jump forward a few years and there are three cars registered for a Majors race?

NASA Rocky Mountain region gets ~30 SM per event for their regional series...so what gives?

Genuinely curious as I hope to have a new car built this winter for the 2018 season.

It's the west of the Mississippi River curse.  Not many cars and longs distances to travel to get to tracks.  SCCA road racing has been struggling in this part of the country for years  

In my region there are probably less than 3 people who actively do more than one race weekend per year.  10 years ago there were probably 30.  All us young folks realize how much of a time suck and money drain it is.  I can do a track day event for 1/4 the cost and spend just as much or more time on track as a race weekend.  I go just as fast, have more fun and the only difference is it's not open passing.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

J. Pressman

J. Pressman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Matt, I think your points are valid with exception to a track day being as fun as a race ;)

I'm more so curious how NASA attracts ~30 cars per event throughout the season and SCCA gets 5 cars for the same class in the same region?

Before selling everything to finish college, and move out to CO, I was racing with MARRS, NER, and SARRC so I am used to HUGE ultra competitive feilds.  Even the 30 car NASA feilds will feel small, but I am stoked to get back to racing.  Got back in a racecar for the first time in nearly 7 years this summer.  I have always raced with SCCA, but feel NASA is the more viable option out here currently.

Would be fun to hit up an SCCA Majors event or two per year, but don't know that I'll be able to hit enough SCCA events to get my National license back.

2007 ARRC Champion - SSM

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Can you fog a mirror?
  • chris haldeman likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users