5 replies to this topic

miata4me

miata4me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:91

Long story, but my 99 spec Miata has been collecting dust for over a year. I am finally getting around to reinstalling the engine in the car.  There are 2 copper studs on the starter solenoid.  I started working on hooking up the wires to the starter at the end of the evening.  I could only find one cable that would attach to the studs on the solenoid.  Can anyone help me with the wiring to the starter solenoid?  I'm sure it is probably obvious what I should be doing here, but I ran out of energy as I was working on this and could only find 1 cable.  Any constructive input would be appreciated.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

The wire you found connects  to the top stud with a nut. The only other wire to the starter has a snap-on connector.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

miata4me

miata4me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Car Number:91

Thanks very much for the feedback!  Just to confirm, the middle copper stud has no cable going to it?  

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

nope

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

Thanks very much for the feedback!  Just to confirm, the middle copper stud has no cable going to it?  

it does if you look closely you will see a cable running into the start motor it'sself from that "unused" stud 

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

To confirm the info posted please enter the following in a search engine. 1999 Miata starter motor video

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users