2 replies to this topic

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

I noticed recently that my car is missing its mount - and it's been that way for a long time.  I wonder if this is a contributing factor to missed shifts.

Anyway, I found a spare one on my of extra transmissions, but it is a bit bent (holes don't line up).  Are the angles in it 90 degree bends?  (if so, I can put it on a vice and bend it back).  If not and I need to buy another one, looks like they are <$20 from Mazda.

Is there  any reason why this would have been left off intentionally?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Bend it and get the bracket in place. Check to make sure no cracks in the bracket corners. It was wrenched by a forget full person. :bigsquaregrin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Missed shifts can be due to your poor shifting, failing syncros, Poor shifter bushing, (frequently a problem) Or shifter problem. If you feel a slight grind when shifting and you sometimes miss the gear that is the syncro.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users