Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

The Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) today announced a 14-race weekend for 2018, featuring a new Pro-Am race for legends of NASCAR at Virginia International Raceway on September 22. The SVRA schedule continues to complement the professional Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli to leverage growth for the two series as they will share eight race weekends.

The new Pro-Am for NASCAR legends, called the "American Racing Legends Charity Pro-Am," builds on the successful momentum of the "Indy Legends Charity Pro-Am" held annually since 2014 during the SVRA's Brickyard Invitational weekend at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in June. The event will benefit IGNITE – the Autism Society of North Carolina's community center for young adults with high-functioning autism or Asperger's syndrome. IGNITE was founded by The Evernham Family Racing for a Reason Foundation – a nonprofit established by legendary NASCAR crew chief Ray Evernham and his family.

"There is no relationship I have found more personally and professionally gratifying than the one Ray and I have developed over the past few years," said SVRA CEO Tony Parella. "His commitment to helping those meeting the challenges of autism is truly inspiring. Next year will mark the fifth anniversary of new leadership in SVRA and our expanding relationship with Trans Am along with this exciting new Pro-Am for NASCAR legends contribute mightily to the content-rich motorsports festival we continue to grow."

Evernham has raced in SVRA on several occasions. The last two years he partnered with NASCAR champion Bill Elliott at the Indy Legends Charity Pro-Am (pictured below).

Elliott_Evernham_reax.jpg

"I have found a lot of us who have been so fortunate in motorsports are realizing great rewards in reaching out and helping those in need," said Evernham. "My son's Asperger's condition gave me a very personal reason to take up this cause. SVRA's team runs a first-rate show all racers and car lovers can appreciate, and that makes using it as a platform for giving back very satisfying."

In addition to the Pro-Am features and professional Trans Am racing, the 2018 SVRA schedule will continue to deliver a motorsports festival atmosphere at most of its events. Fans can expect more of the Hagerty Insurance "show and shine" car corrals and driving and riding experiences from sponsors like Jaguar and Harley-Davidson.

2018 SVRA schedule

February 16-18 | Bob Williams Heritage Cup Races & Driving School, Roebling Road, GA

March 1-4 | Sebring Vintage Classic, Sebring Intl Raceway, FL, Trans Am.

March 15-18 | Amelia Island Vintage Gran Prix, Fernandina Beach, FL.

March 23-25 | High Desert Challenge, Willow Springs, CA, with VARA.

April 27-29 | SoCal Historic Sports Car Festival, Auto Club Speedway, CA, with Trans Am.

May 17-20 | Spring Vintage Festival, Road America, WI.

May 31-June 3 | Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival, Sonoma Raceway, CA, with Trans Am.

June 13-17 | Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IN, with Trans Am and SVRA “Indy Legends” Charity Pro-Am.

June 21-24 | Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, OH. Featured Marque – Volvo.

July 26-29 | Portland Vintage Racing Festival, Portland Intl Raceway, OR, with Trans Am.

September 6-9 | U.S. Vintage Grand Prix, Watkins Glen Intl, NY, Featuring Collier Cup MG Race. With Trans Am. Featured Marque – Mini Cooper.

September 20-23 | Heacock Classic Gold Cup, Virginia Intl Raceway, VA, with IGT, Trans Am and “American Legends” Pro-Am with NASCAR Legends.

Featured Marque – Chevrolet Corvair.

October 5-7 | Slaying the Dragon Hill Climb, Robbinsville, NC (pending venue approval).

November 1-4 | US Vintage National Championship, Circuits of The Americas, TX, with IGT, Trans Am.

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 and racerbeav like this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

March 15-18 | Amelia Island Vintage Gran Prix, Fernandina Beach, FL

^ This would be a cool event. Wish I could participate in my '99 :( . It is about 30 minutes from my house. And I believe it is the week after or same week as the famous car show at Amelia Island. Link below:

https://www.ameliaconcours.org/

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Evernham​ drove at the VIR event. There were several vintage stock cars there from the era when they still used stock(ish) sheet metal. Love that shiz.

Danica, I wish I could compete in the SCCA with my 1.6 :devil: 

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45

Evernham​ drove at the VIR event. There were several vintage stock cars there from the era when they still used stock(ish) sheet metal. Love that shiz.

Danica, I wish I could compete in the SCCA with my 1.6 :devil:

LMAO !!!!!!
  • Bench Racer likes this
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
I'm building a 1.6 for scca runoffs Sonoma. I'll let you borrow it Danica
  • Mike Collins and Danica Davison like this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

I'm building a 1.6 for scca runoffs Sonoma. I'll let you borrow it Danica

Whats the cost going to be for a 1.6...I would imagine a new build would be close to a NB correct? I am looking to purchase a NA over the winter.

My 14 year is really interested in starting to race.....

• Danica Davison likes this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

We have a fresh 1.6 car that we built for this series. Clean car, X-factor engine, rebuilt trans, etc etc etc.

Voytek drove at Gingerman within 0.5 second of his VVT car on first trip to the track. We are doing some more testing the next 2 weeks at Blackhawk with this car.

Car will be for sale in November. I also have 3 1.6 donor cars to build over the winter. Perfect cars for SVRA or other vintage groups.

Dave

• chris haldeman likes this

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65

SVRA not hosting the early SM cars at every event. 

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Raw Knuckles

Raw Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Neohio SCCA
  • Car Number:73

SVRA not hosting the early SM cars at every event. 

Is there a schedule of the events that do include the SMs?

Bob MacDonald

Raw Knuckles Racing

Neohio Region SCCA

Impact Communications

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Hey, it's a job someone is required to do. :bigsquaregrin:

Please scroll to the first post, top of this thread.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

SVRA adds Road Atlanta to 2018 schedule

The Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) today revised its 14-race weekend schedule for 2018 to accommodate a recent opportunity to join the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli at Road Atlanta, widely considered one of the greatest road racing venues in the United States. The event will begin with qualifying on Thursday, March 29 with racing on Friday and Saturday, March 30-31.

"This is all kind of sudden, but it is just too good of an opportunity to pass up. Since the first day I stepped into my role at SVRA, our racers have been asking for a Road Atlanta date," said SVRA President and CEO Tony Parella, who also is majority owner of the Trans Am Series. "Being able to again leverage the assets of Trans Am with SVRA is the right recipe for our growth strategy. Add to that the significance of Road Atlanta as one of the most revered sports car racing venues, it's a winning combination."

Road Atlanta opened in 1970 and in subsequent decades hosted top level American road racing including the original Can-Am and Trans Am series, as well as Formula 5000, Indy Lights and even NASCAR during the days of the Busch Series. Road Atlanta hosted the SCCA annual national runoffs from 1970 to 1993. Today it is the site of the highly regarded and climatic IMSA race weekend known as Petit Le Mans.

The addition of Road Atlanta to the schedule brings the total of shared weekends with the Trans Am Series to nine. SVRA officials note that the event will take place Easter Weekend and made the decision not to race on Sunday, putting the competition on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in order to give race teams the opportunity to travel home for the holiday. The move forces the cancellation of the Amelia Island Gran Prix, also originally scheduled for March.

"When we looked at our schedule and the business and logistics considerations of trying to race so much in March, we just thought to maintain our standards of operations excellence, something had to give," Parella added.

The rest of the schedule, including the new Pro-Am for NASCAR legends, called the "American Racing Legends Charity Pro-Am," at Virginia International Raceway on September 22 will move forward as previously announced. Proceeds from the Pro-Am will benefit IGNITE – the Autism Society of North Carolina's community center for young adults with high-functioning autism or Asperger's syndrome. IGNITE was founded by The Evernham Family Racing for a Reason Foundation – a nonprofit established by legendary NASCAR crew chief Ray Evernham and his family.

2018 SVRA Schedule

February 16-18 | Bob Williams Heritage Cup Races & Driving School, Roebling Road, GA

March 1-4 | Sebring Vintage Classic, Sebring Intl Raceway, FL, with Trans Am

March 23-25 | High Desert Challenge, Willow Springs, CA, with VARA

March 28-31 | Road Atlanta Grand Prix, Road Atlanta Raceway, with Trans Am

April 27-29 | SoCal Historic Sports Car Festival, Auto Club Speedway, CA, with Trans Am

May 17-20 | Spring Vintage Festival, Road America, WI

May 31-June 3 | Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival, Sonoma Raceway, CA, with Trans Am

June 13-17 | Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IN, with Trans Am and SVRA "Indy Legends" Charity Pro-Am

June 21-24 | Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, OH - Featured Marque – Volvo

July 26-29 | Portland Vintage Racing Festival, Portland Intl Raceway, OR, with Trans Am

September 6-9 | U.S. Vintage Grand Prix, Watkins Glen Intl, NY, Featuring Collier Cup MG Race, with Trans Am - Featured Marque – Mini Cooper

September 20-23 | Heacock Classic Gold Cup, Virginia Intl Raceway, VA, with Trans Am, and "American Legends" Pro-Am with NASCAR Legends - Featured Marque – Chevrolet Corvair

October 5-7 | Slaying the Dragon Hill Climb, Robbinsville, NC (pending venue approval)

November 1-4 | US Vintage National Championship, Circuits of The Americas, TX, with Trans Am

For more info.

https://svra.com/

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Bob, I haven't seen the 'Miata' events listed anywhere yet but I also have a hard time seeing the ketchup when right in front of me in the fridge. 

• Danica Davison likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Bob and Mitch, sorry about my misdirected info as I didn't pay close attention to the dates and what cars would be eligible to enter. :blush:  Called SVRA and to date they do not have the tracks confirmed. Should be added to event list within a month or so.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Cool.  I saw a 'provisional' list at VIR for 2018 that had miatas at all the events of this year plus Roebling in the Feb but not official. 

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
2018 Miata Heritage schedule: https://svra.com/new...or-2018-season/
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

We had so much fun at 2 events last year, that I am adding 5 of the 6 SVRA Miata weekends to our 2018 schedule.

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

We had so much fun at 2 events last year, that I am adding 5 of the 6 SVRA Miata weekends to our 2018 schedule.

Do you know what weekends ?

J~

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Everything except the California weekend.

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Everything except the California weekend.

So your saying all dates above ^^ are miata weekends ?

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

2018 Miata Heritage schedule: https://svra.com/new...or-2018-season/

click on the link

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users