• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

Sometimes I dream of a big event like the Runoffs at my home track in Brainerd, MN.

http://jenkinsracing.com

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Sometimes I dream of a big event like the Runoffs at my home track in Brainerd, MN.

You never know.  Who would have thought several years ago that the Super Bowl would be played there? 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Yassss!  The only chance I have to win a Runoffs ... but will most likely finish second by 0.008 seconds again like every other race lol.

#DaytonaRunoffs2020 #MakeSMGreatAgain #NotMyRunoffs

You gonna need a good motor to win there.....maybe its time to go to the dark side and feel the power.....Look at your boy Pmoney..never won a SM major race before.

Gets the Dark Side Power and boom....just like magic pixie dust or is it the magic sand paper?

• Jim Drago likes this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

You gonna need a good motor to win there.....maybe its time to go to the dark side and feel the power.....Look at your boy Pmoney..never won a SM major race before.
Gets the Dark Side Power and boom....just like magic pixie dust or is it the magic sand paper?

Lol. I have good enough power thank you . Autotechnik is the real dark side anyways :P  #itcouldbeyou

• Jim Drago and Richard Astacio like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

• Jim Drago and Derrick Ambrose like this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Only if the top 20 cars fail tech.  :optimist:

daa daaa daaaaammm ! He just dissed the peoples champ :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

daa daaa daaaaammm ! He just dissed the peoples champ :)

Just not sure why he thinks he can win at VIR when he struggles to find the top 5 at his home track. Just saying there will be some really fast guys with their really fast team mates that will be crowding the top 20. Last time i checked the people’s champ doesn’t have a designated dance partner.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Just not sure why he thinks he can win at VIR when he struggles to find the top 5 at his home track. Just saying there will be some really fast guys with their really fast team mates that will be crowding the top 20. Last time i checked the people’s champ doesn’t have a designated dance partner.

He is not that crazy.. he was talking about his chances if it ever goes back to Daytona

• Danica Davison and Preston Pardus like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Only if the top 20 cars fail tech.  :optimist:

And this isn't even a SMACK thread. :rotfl:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

About 6 months ago I had a conversation about the 14 runoffs. I was asked if I had my choice right now would I rather had won or had the money back I spent to compete. Without hesitation, I answered I would have much rather have the money. I don't feel that way about ANY other runoffs that I ran. The cost for us was at least 3x the norm. I think we can go west and participate in the Runoffs for 1.5x or so. But I really dont have much interest in going without what I feel is a reasonable opportunity of competing. I realize that is not everyone's goal, but that's a big part for me. To do that would require a few visits( at least for me) and that puts us back at the 3.5x number :(

While many didn't like the venue, I didn't do all that well and I think it was a bit of a crap shoot.. Daytona to me was the most bang for the buck . We rented houses on the beach, brought the family.. the family had plenty to do besides racing..  I think VIR is a great place, only been there once.. But I think it will be similar to Mid Ohio with regards to bringing family and things to do other than at the track. 

I do not think VIR has as many cow pastures as Mid Ohio, but they do have more mountains to drive through on the way. Not an Easy pull from the north. I do like the place however.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Actually Frank, there are quite a few cattle farms in the area. If folks can tear themselves away from the nightly track antics and care to sample the local Angus, I highly recommend the Old Country Club Steakhouse, which is about 5-10 miles north of Roxboro, NC. http://www.oldcountr...steakhouse.com/
The ambience is, umm, "humble" but they serve the biggest honking steaks I've ever seen. The filet is incredible and a great value. Don't order the king cut prime rib unless you are a competitive eater or feeding two other guests. (I'm sure Texans will say theirs are bigger.) Arrive early or plan to wait. Bon appetit.
  • Richard Astacio likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

A Texans will say theirs are bigger. 

On my few trips to Texas, I did notice the bottom of the urinals are about two feet above the floor. In Wisconsin, the bottom of the urinal is at the floor. I kind of thought, maybe everything's not bigger in Texas. Back in the day when I did a couple manufactures shows in Texas when the evening BS got flowing. I'd feel compelled to bring this fact up to fellows doing the BSing. 

• chris haldeman likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

John Nesbitt

John Nesbitt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Actually Frank, there are quite a few cattle farms in the area. If folks can tear themselves away from the nightly track antics and care to sample the local Angus, I highly recommend the Old Country Club Steakhouse, which is about 5-10 miles north of Roxboro, NC. http://www.oldcountr...steakhouse.com/
The ambience is, umm, "humble" but they serve the biggest honking steaks I've ever seen. The filet is incredible and a great value. Don't order the king cut prime rib unless you are a competitive eater or feeding two other guests. (I'm sure Texans will say theirs are bigger.) Arrive early or plan to wait. Bon appetit.

+1 on the Old Country Club (aka "Chubb Lake")

Be aware that it is out in the country somewhere, off the highway, down a secondary road, down a tertiary road.  If you crack open the car window, you can hear the banjos.

On my first visit, I asked the wait person whether they had any imported beers.  She replied, "Well, we have Sam Adams."

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Sebring went downhill quick for sure, I will give you that.  I was top 5 with no help in test day / practice (obviously when it doesn't count) ... and Jamie Tucker showed up Saturday and we just couldn't pull it off in three laps. Got a bad qual and the rest of the weekend was majorly downhill from there. I am not saying we would have won ... but I think if Jamie was there from the beginning of the weekend, we would have had good pace and been close. Oh well, not even upset about it.

But yeah, like what Jim said, I wasn't talking about VIR lol.  I haven't even been to VIR yet.  I would probably be 30th lol. I was just saying I think Daytona would be my best shot (not a guarantee), in any recent years from now, to podium at a runoffs. I pretty much have a designated dance partner again, as the last few races its been Jamie and for the most part we have ran pretty well.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Sebring went downhill quick for sure, I will give you that.  I was top 5 with no help in test day / practice (obviously when it doesn't count) ... and Jamie Tucker showed up Saturday and we just couldn't pull it off in three laps. Got a bad qual and the rest of the weekend was majorly downhill from there. I am not saying we would have won ... but I think if Jamie was there from the beginning of the weekend, we would have had good pace and been close. Oh well, not even upset about it.

The millenial mindset  :) 

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

• Danica Davison and Richard Astacio like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

The millenial mindset  :) 
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas

What? I never said I would win. I said we would have probably done better is all. I mean ... I finished like 31st on Saturday avoiding wrecks and then finished dead last on sunday .. there was only one way to go and that was up lol.

Just remember how frantic you were when my name was on top of yours all by myself and you immediately put your car on the scales and I hadn't even checked my toe in two weekends. :P  Preston wouldn't let me go talk to you for a couple hours :)

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

What? I never said I would win. I said we would have probably done better is all. I mean ... I finished like 31st on Saturday avoiding wrecks and then finished dead last on sunday .. there was only one way to go and that was up lol.

Just remember how frantic you were when my name was on top of yours all by myself and you immediately put your car on the scales and I hadn't even checked my toe in two weekends. :P  Preston wouldn't let me go talk to you for a couple hours :)

my o my.. 

first my car goes on the scales every session, sadly I don't even know what session you are talking about, the world does not revolve around the people champ   :)

as to the rest.. I read a lot of blah blah blah..    The non millennial way of doing things.. stfu and get it done :)

My favorite quote from Tony Dungy  "No excuses, no explanations" :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

The non millennial way of doing things.. stfu and get it done :)
My favorite quote from Tony Dungy  "No excuses, no explanations" :)

Millennial response :  "It isn't an excuse, its a reason." :D

But, you know I am just messin' around. I don't take this as seriously as you guys do. I take it seriously to an extent, but not at the risk of fun. I would rather have more fun than anyone else and finish 17th than not have fun the whole week and win. But that's just me :)

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

But, you know I am just messin' around. I don't take this as seriously as you guys do. I take it seriously to an extent, but not at the risk of fun. I would rather have more fun than anyone else and finish 17th than not have fun the whole week and win. But that's just me :)

I know...  and this is VERY true  Millennial response :  "It isn't an excuse, its a reason

• Danica Davison and Preston Pardus like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Just to let you know, winning is fun. Get serious, show up for practice, study data, video, work on set up and go win.
  • Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users