• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

AJ Fisher

AJ Fisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there,

I am a complete beginner at the spec miata racing world. I know there's a couple tracks near my home and I think it would be really fun to get into after I finish college. I figure if I can just keep saving money and reading posts, i'll be able to build my car in a few years. Really I'm just wondering if there's a website out there for people like me that has info on everything or I should just look everywhere and learn as much as I can. I live with a friend who races Sportmod dirt tack (I know, completely different) that has all the tools so we're placing on building from scratch. Thanks for any info you can give!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Welcome Afisher (a name would be good)

Everything on Spec Miatas and/or Mazdas are here or in the Archives, can be asked, are discussed, Videos, along with "Live Chat" on Mondays night with the pros.

Use the search feature here and in the Archives.
Hit the "View new Content" button on the upper right for the latest.
Lurk or ask away.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Hey, welcome!

Shameless plug. I'm almost finished building my car. I've been writing a blog covering every detail of the process. See the link in my signature. If you go to the archives you can browse in chronological order.

You can also buy dave Wheelers book. Www.advanced-autosports.com.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john23

john23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:south jersey
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:23
Hey there

Iam also buiding a car seems like forever but having fun doing it.Im almost finished with it hopefuly to et on the track soon.Everyone on this site helped me in some way and Daves book was very helpful good luck with your build

AJ Fisher

AJ Fisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks guys, I'll keep exploring the forum!

Kyle Burkhardt

Kyle Burkhardt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:NASA Midwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12
Go hang out in the paddock of all the NASA and SCCA events you can.
Kyle Burkhardt
Team ///Miata #12
PajamaPants Racing
NASA Midwest
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

Go hang out in the paddock of all the NASA and SCCA events you can.

Second & third if (if it doesn't get done already).

Plus by visiting paddock spaces, that will give you insight into potential cars for sale.
That's how I got mine in 2009. Found/heard about a guy who had a second car (his "old" one) that was solid & worthy of continued use and he made me a crazy-mad offer to buy it.

You can only be presented with the opportunities you give yourself!

Get out there!

Can't tell where you're from but hit the SCCA website and find your local region's site for race dates.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
let me know what you need cvall me

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users