• 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

podium in no particular order

Taylor Ferrari
Baaalaake
Holderman

and Jim in the last run in his beast will take one of those guys off the podium in one of the races!

Lame.

Haldeman/Ross sweep. East Street 9th/10th.
  • mhiggins10 likes this

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:73
Sorry to disappoint. I am starting last today. Transponder wire broke off.
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats to Steyn, Carter and Clements! Danny looks like he is on his game this weekend. Looking forward to todays race. Let’s see if Chis, Todd, and Preston can get to the front. Good Luck to all
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Congrats to all on the podium, but especially to a certain 60 year old Grampa from South Africa... Pretty impressive to drive away from that crowd for  the win!  Congrats Danny!  

• Danica Davison likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65

Danny, what happened in race 2?

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Congrats to the old man Danny and the young gun Michael carter!  Also good to see Balake finishing both races on the podium instead of breakin' more shit!

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Danny, what happened in race 2?

Old age got to him and he forgot there was a race. He didn't show up to the grid on time.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Thanks Kyle - was pretty chuffed to win that one and get my personal goal of getting a Spec Miata Majors or Super Tour win at the age of 60 done in the first week of turning 60! Now that I got it out of the way, I guess its all downhill from hear. Will have to set another goal soon.

In Race 1, BFC got a great push and got passed me for the lead through T1 with me on his bumper and Carter hanging on. on lap 3 Blake mad a small mistake I went past and proceeded to pull away for the win. Car was definitely hooked up and on rails on a track that really suits me. 

Mitch, as for race 2, I was outside pole, got a great push from Michael Carter and on the frikkin 3-4 shift, I missed it and then got hit again as I was trying to put it back in gear and of course it went back into 3rd and I fell back to 28th, but was very fortunate to not get hit by the entire pack. I was able to drive back to 7th, and I was running similar lap times to the guys up front but without any draft I was unable to make any ground on them. 

Michael Carter, Blake Clements, Chris Haldeman were all on form this weekend, Taylor Ferranti as well. Pardus came through, Buras wasn't his usual self and Drago struggled all weekend, as did Ross. Big shout out to John Somner for his awesome qualifier on Saturday, putting his car 4th on the grid in a very deep field. 

On a side note for those of you that think that STL is a place where old fart SM drivers go to get their $5 wooden trophies, .............. THis weekend I finally had of fun in STL - we have been dealing with multiple issues in this build and it has taken us 2 years of development, but I finally think we are getting there. I broke Leverone's track record on Saturday and bettered it again on Sunday. This MX-5 car of mine is a monster at a track like this, just flat out on rails, and I out-qualified the entire field including STU's and T2's by around 2 seconds. In Race 1, I had the overall lead by 16 seconds but retired when my gauges showed water temps climbing rapidly, but I think it was a gauge error.

On Sunday, they split the start for Race 2 and sent the five T2 cars out first, but a FCY to rescue Greg Amy's overturned Honda brought the field together and within 2 laps of the restart I was able to pass the V8's for the overall lead. Unfortunately I lost a coil pack on one cylinder and lost the overall lead but still got the class win. Will post a video of the first two laps after the restart, looks more like rally-cross than SCCA club racing!

Bye the way, you should see the bonehead move that punted Greg Amy into the sand trap that initiated his rollover. Check it out on Amy Mills facebook page. 

• MPR22, Jim Drago, Lee Thomas and 2 others like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I sold my car and was only racing if I felt like I could win.  I qualified 11th and had p5-8 speed at best, so after the wrecks at that track in the past, I felt it was best to watch  and leave that money in the bank. :)

I watched the race Saturday. Danny drove an excellent race. The new car OPM built and the power plant Rossini provided are both very solid. I was hoping we were done with that "older" fart, but he was on point and the win was very well deserved! Congratulations.  Michael Carter and Blake has a nice race going as well and congrats to both of them for a their podium finishes. It was fun to watch Chris come through the field, I figured the over / under was 10th place as that track is not easy to pass, I believe he got to 8th :)

I left before Sundays race, but looked like Michael methodically came to the front. Impressive.  Again Chris and Blake Congratulations.

I was happy for Blake to get two podiums as he has been struggling with bad luck and car problems literally for as long as I can remember and he had them again this weekend, but managed to work through them and pull off two solid finishes. 

Great seeing everyone, lots of fun in new orleans always..  

Looks like I am starting what will be the baddest Sm on the planet here in the next few weeks and hope to have ready for the Sprints.  I will finish a build we just started here now as a fill in and race it a few times while building my next car. 

See you all soon

Jim

• Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

I sold my car and was only racing if I felt like I could win.  I qualified 11th and had p5-8 speed at best, so after the wrecks at that track in the past, I felt it was best to watch  and leave that money in the bank. :)

I watched the race Saturday. Danny drove an excellent race. The new car OPM built and the power plant Rossini provided are both very solid. I was hoping we were done with that "older" fart, but he was on point and the win was very well deserved! Congratulations.  Michael Carter and Blake has a nice race going as well and congrats to both of them for a their podium finishes. It was fun to watch Chris come through the field, I figured the over / under was 10th place as that track is not easy to pass, I believe he got to 8th :)

I left before Sundays race, but looked like Michael methodically came to the front. Impressive.  Again Chris and Blake Congratulations.

I was happy for Blake to get two podiums as he has been struggling with bad luck and car problems literally for as long as I can remember and he had them again this weekend, but managed to work through them and pull off two solid finishes. 

Great seeing everyone, lots of fun in new orleans always..  

Looks like I am starting what will be the baddest Sm on the planet here in the next few weeks and hope to have ready for the Sprints.  I will finish a build we just started here now as a fill in and race it a few times while building my next car. 

See you all soon

Jim

Drago, Blake would like to know when you are having your retirement party.

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Drago, Blake would like to know when you are having your retirement party.

Right after I win The NASA Champs at Cota this fall :) That's the only box left to check and I had already started filling in the box this fall until I lost my transmission :(   :(

• Brad Rampelberg and BNaumann like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Right after I win The NASA Champs at Cota this fall :) That's the only box left to check and I had already started filling in the box this fall until I lost my transmission :(   :(

Glad I put that 0 weight oil in there so we could keep you around for another year. 

• Jim Drago likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

(from Mazda)

Congrats to our Mazda competitors for great racing at NOLA. A friendly reminder to the many contingency awards winners: Please submit your claims to our competition parts department within 45 days of the races (April 17/18) to be able to collect 100% of the earned award.

J~

• MPR22 and Jim Drago like this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

No videos from the pros yet, so I figured I will share a video from "A Larry"

Race 1 Started P23, worked my way up to P13 then lost 3rd gear...finished the race using 2nd, 4th and 5th however fell back to P17 but with a penalty applied to another driver final was P16.

https://youtu.be/zxw-sACD0a4?t=3m24s

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Nola Race number 2, I was basically pushed off the track and my race ended prematurely....

https://youtu.be/4dEsQD8pjQc

Richard Astacio

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

lancebe

lancebe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Car Number:36

Nola Race number 2, I was basically pushed off the track and my race ended prematurely....

https://youtu.be/4dEsQD8pjQc

Cue joke about you ending prematurely...

Lance Bergstein

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Cue joke about you ending prematurely...

Dick Pistacio busted his nut too early? You don't say ...

• lancebe likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Dick Pistacio busted his nut too early? You don't say ...

Thats the story of my life...Thats why my wife allows me to go racing. 

• JRHille likes this

Richard Astacio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users