zoomheep

zoomheep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:83
I'm new here so I'll introduce myself. I'm Mitch, and I've been crewing for Doug (#63SM NER SCCA) for the past several years. I graduated a year ago and I'm now playing with my Miata, and I have a small problem I'm looking for help with...

I have the full K-SPEC-M5-SUSP9 kit for a 1999-up spec miata. I bought this kit for an autocross/track day car and I have a problem. The newer style bar has collars that are designed to ride against the inner edge of the sway bar bushing to keep the bar centered. This bar fits and works great if you have the stock sway bar brackets mounted to the frame but I have the Mazda competition brackets. The comp. brackets are spaced differently and hit the collars, so the bar will not fit.

What I'm hoping to do it trade my new style bar with collars for your old style bar without collars. I feel this would be a win/win. You get a new style bar and I get an older style bar with no collars. The only way to get this bar otherwise is to buy a new front and rear sway bar kit from Mazda Motorsports.

I wasn't sure if this should go in the classified section or not as I'm looking for advice on fitment/trades.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

I'm new here so I'll introduce myself. I'm Mitch, and I've been crewing for Doug (#63SM NER SCCA) for the past several years. I graduated a year ago and I'm now playing with my Miata, and I have a small problem I'm looking for help with...

I have the full K-SPEC-M5-SUSP9 kit for a 1999-up spec miata. I bought this kit for an autocross/track day car and I have a problem. The newer style bar has collars that are designed to ride against the inner edge of the sway bar bushing to keep the bar centered. This bar fits and works great if you have the stock sway bar brackets mounted to the frame but I have the Mazda competition brackets. The comp. brackets are spaced differently and hit the collars, so the bar will not fit.

What I'm hoping to do it trade my new style bar with collars for your old style bar without collars. I feel this would be a win/win. You get a new style bar and I get an older style bar with no collars. The only way to get this bar otherwise is to buy a new front and rear sway bar kit from Mazda Motorsports.
I wasn't sure if this should go in the classified section or not as I'm looking for advice on fitment/trades.

Grind them off

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

zoomheep

zoomheep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was thinking about that but if someone local was looking for the newer bar it would be easier to swap than grind/turn them down.

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:72
Put the stock brackets back in. You only need the comp brackets when you use a really big bar. The SM bar may be big, but it ain't REALLY big.

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fishguyaz

fishguyaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:AZ
  • Car Number:92
wrong bar for me sorry
Josh Pitt
1999 SM #92 SoPac division

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Number:7
I've got a non-collar 99 bar in Norwood if you're interested.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

zoomheep

zoomheep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll call you tommorow! Can I come by your store tommorow? Your non-collar 99 bar will be a life saver!

zoomheep

zoomheep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Cy had a rear bar. To clarify I'm talking about a front bar for a 99+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users