9 replies to this topic

lancebe

lancebe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:36
I am looking to get into spec miata this season. I live in New York City and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop with a rent to own program here in the northeast.

Lance Bergstein

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
Meathead Racing at Summit Point. Not too far away and have GREAT cars to rent/buy!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM
If you are headed to Summit there's also Windsor Customs - Chris Windsor and his "crew" (is it proper to refer to your dad as "crew"? :) ) can get you sorted in nearly any of the classes (SSM/SM/ITA).

Another option if you're headed to New Hampshire, The Glen, or Lime Rock is Ian Prout and his crew with SCDA.

There's also Flatout Motorsports with Nick Leverone in Massachusetts if you're sticking to the NER for events.

I've never rented from any of them but all four (including Meathead) usually have "something" for sale/available for a weekend test day and/or HPDE-type rental before you buy.

Chris Windsor
Ian Prout
Nick Leverone

Good luck!
Brandon
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
As Brandon has stated, Nick Leverone (www.flatout-motorsports.com) is a stand-up guy. If you are sticking to NE Region events, you may want to discuss that option with him.

If you intend to race MARRS Series or NASA Mid Atlantic, check with all these guys: Meathead (www.meatheadracing.com), RP Performance (www.RPPerformanceracing.com), Windsor Customs (www.windsorcustoms.com), Yours Truly (www.WeekendWarriorRacing.com) and maybe even Entropy Racing (although he usually attends the NASA Events, he still may be worth contacting).

I will tell you that I did the very same thing you are considering and my experience was a positive one.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

wreckerboy

wreckerboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:NJ
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:53
An additional voucher for all of the people Glenn, Brandon, and Alan mentioned (even that "Warrior" guy). Entropy's web site is: http://www.entropyracing.net/
Rob Myles | "I didn't lose, I got out-painted!"
Hero To The Momentum Challenged
WDCR SSM #30

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks Rob. I didn't know Charlie's website, but I do know that he has a couple Miatas in addition to all those funky yellow cars.... :rolleyes: I do know he has a nice lift system for those yellow cars in his trailer...... :D
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
Andrews coin we buy and sell anything that donest eat

tell me what you want
1-800-404-7782
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

lancebe

lancebe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Car Number:36
Thanks for all the responses

Lance Bergstein

redline9000

redline9000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:North east
  • Car Number:10

I am looking to get into spec miata this season. I live in New York City and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop with a rent to own program here in the northeast.

Check with Ryan Pilla @ Car Doctor world (631) 537-1548 they are in the Hampton's

redline9000

redline9000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:North east
  • Car Number:10
talk to Ryan Pilla @ Car Doctor (631) 537-1548 in the Hamptons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users