Permission Updates

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests
Added all the SM beta testers to SMembers group as well as the Members groups. Both Galleries (Members and SMugshots) should be available, please test.
Added Casey and Collins to Moderator Group (super mods a.k.a mega mods)
Assigned Treadzone and Charlie as Moderators to their forums
Assigned Lance to Administrator Group

MODERATOR INFO;
Instead of the Oval File of specmiata.com , Moderators now "soft" delete posts. They become invisible to all members except moderators and admins. This allows for recovery based on appeal and historical record unless actually deleted by Admin.
MODs can Open, Close, Pin, Unpin posts.
I have yet to enable the ability for MODs to Edit Post titles/content. Under consideration and open to discussion.

WARM SYSTEM: MODs will see a WARN bar on user profiles and posts. Now you simply click WARN. You will then be sent to a page where you can Increase or Decrease the WARN level, Force moderator preview of all future posts indefinitely or for a set time and much more. You also have the option to send a PM to teh user. Feel free to WARN the Crash Test Dummy to see the system in action. Awards may be given for time spent not warned ... for a year as an example.

MODs can mark a user as a SPAMMER - their posting privileges are immediately revoked and I believe their posts are hidden... have to check on that.

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Allow moderators to edit posts. Some folks post personal stuff they shouldn't and editing out is needed, also once in awhile I'll get requests from users to edit certain part of their posts.

Is there the ability to branch threads off? I.E - Peeps start rambling on about ECU's on a tire thread?
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Allow moderators to edit posts. Some folks post personal stuff they shouldn't and editing out is needed, also once in awhile I'll get requests from users to edit certain part of their posts.

I'll look into what exactly Super-Mods can and can't do, they are special and may already be able to do so.

Is there the ability to branch threads off? I.E - Peeps start rambling on about ECU's on a tire thread?

Yes, you select each post you want to split then select SPLIT TOPIC from the POST MODERATION drop-down menus located bottom right of the thread.

Guest_LanceSnyderTest_*

Guest_LanceSnyderTest_*
  • Guests
Email registration worked for this test account, not sure why I didn't get the email on the bellsouth account. Yahoo must have whacked it somewhere along the line.

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Email registration worked for this test account, not sure why I didn't get the email on the bellsouth account. Yahoo must have whacked it somewhere along the line.

Yahoo and Hotmail are pretty tough on emails. I have been doing some research on how to get "whitelisted" with the large Free email providers so hopefully this won't pose much of an issue come opening day.

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests
Added Blake Clements to Moderators Group (super mods a.k.a mega mods)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users