ner88

ner88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Region:NER/CFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:98

I was told yesterday, they were going out last night.

Dealers and shops get the first shipment.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Just sayin, I don't know what he has in stock.

http://www.miatacage...suspension-kits

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

I just checked and my order has shipped so they must of got a new batch sent out.

http://jenkinsracing.com

ChaseH

ChaseH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Number:63

I placed my order on Jan 17th and they arrived yesterday. I had the shocks dynoed today. If I can figure out how to post the graphs here I will. 

If anyone is curious and wants to see them, PM me your email and I'll send over the PDF's. 

Chase H

#63 1.6L 

Cincinnati Region SCCA - 2014 Rookie of the Year 

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

Can you post/share them via a Google drive or Dropbox or some other service?

I placed my order on Jan 17th and they arrived yesterday. I had the shocks dynoed today. If I can figure out how to post the graphs here I will. 

If anyone is curious and wants to see them, PM me your email and I'll send over the PDF's. 

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ChaseH

ChaseH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Number:63

Good call. Here's a google drive link with the dyno results: https://drive.google...Rl9gYg1QfYMsvH2

Can you post/share them via a Google drive or Dropbox or some other service?

Chase H

#63 1.6L 

Cincinnati Region SCCA - 2014 Rookie of the Year 

Amy M

Amy M

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:New York
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

Need some Penske shocks for my west coast miata before the Buttonwillow majors (April 26) and they are back ordered. Anyone have a spare set? 
Also, since drivers are unable to get these, is there some sort of dispensation on these specs?

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
It’s more than a little disappointing that they still can’t meet demand. Surely they knew a certain minimum number were practically guaranteed, so why the heck wasn’t the first, or second run bigger?? Is there a particular piece from one of their suppliers holding things up?

They stated plainly that they were shipping to prep shops first. Are you guys hoarding? Preferential pricing and treatment for businesses in the middle is their choice of course, but they need to at least be able to deliver the goods or face blowback from the little guy.
  • steveracer likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

gerglmuff2

gerglmuff2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Region:LOL
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:81

i got mine that i ordered in February last week, so they are shipping to the regular old schmucks. 

• Michael Colangelo likes this

Gordon Kuhnley: Driving miata's in all conditions, courses, and motorsports that I can. 

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

My order was only held for one or two weeks before shipment. My guess is the prep shops ordered a lot more than they expected. I saw you can order the Penskes from Miata Cage so they must have a stock of them.

http://jenkinsracing.com

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

They are on backorder again. They sold out of the last 3 batches

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Number:58

Need some Penske shocks for my west coast miata before the Buttonwillow majors (April 26) and they are back ordered. Anyone have a spare set? 
Also, since drivers are unable to get these, is there some sort of dispensation on these specs?

The Bilsteins are still allowed in the Majors throughout 2019. However, the Penske's are required for the Run-offs.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

It’s more than a little disappointing that they still can’t meet demand. Surely they knew a certain minimum number were practically guaranteed, so why the heck wasn’t the first, or second run bigger?? Is there a particular piece from one of their suppliers holding things up?

They stated plainly that they were shipping to prep shops first. Are you guys hoarding? Preferential pricing and treatment for businesses in the middle is their choice of course, but they need to at least be able to deliver the goods or face blowback from the little guy.

Steve my only push back to your post is that people could have put in an order back in October if you wanted too, which would have giving them a better understanding of the size of the up front order needed. I did this, I am not a shop per se, and got the order later than originally posted but i did get it.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
From what I’ve heard and read it’s been fits & starts, and when supply is short somebody waits. If people with no need for them in January kindly allowed others to order first, they should certainly be able to get them by now. Mazda surely had a very good sense of how many to stock for the first season and would tell Penske, no point doing that in small batches, it just doesn’t make sense for ANYBODY. I’ve got to think there’s an issue we don’t know about.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Rick Worth

Rick Worth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Number:24

I thought they said at first they could make 200-300 sets in a week or two?

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

From what I’ve heard and read it’s been fits & starts, and when supply is short somebody waits. If people with no need for them in January kindly allowed others to order first, they should certainly be able to get them by now. Mazda surely had a very good sense of how many to stock for the first season and would tell Penske, no point doing that in small batches, it just doesn’t make sense for ANYBODY. I’ve got to think there’s an issue we don’t know about.

A batch of 175 sets (700 shocks), $140,000 doesn’t seem small to me. And they are working on the 4th batch. So 2800 shocks at $560,000
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

A batch of 175 sets (700 shocks), $140,000 doesn’t seem small to me...

It sounds ridiculously small and short-sighted to me.

... And they are working on the 4th batch

(already)

Case closed!!!!!!!!

RWP80000

RWP80000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Region:SoPac
  • Car Number:2

Amy,

I have a spare set and am located in Phoenix.  Contact me by phone at 602 616 2380.

Rich Powers

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

they are required for the 2019 runoffs. not required at the majors or super tour this year. Anyone who placed their order when they were first offered they have been delivered. 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Amy M

Amy M

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:New York
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

Thanks Rich! I've decided to order them through the normal channels and will have them in time for the Portland Majors in May.

Amy,

I have a spare set and am located in Phoenix.  Contact me by phone at 602 616 2380.

Rich Powers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penske shocks, penske shock spec miata, spec miata penske setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users