• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
Just a quick note to let you know registration for the May 20-22 weekend at Road Atlanta is now open. Links to the Supps & Schedule plus the registration system (MSR) can be found at http://www.atlantascca.org. This is the first time we've run a concurrent National/SARRC (aka - "Rational") so please bear with us if there are glitches in how the event is set up on MSR.

Since this is a concurrent National/SARRC, national and regional drivers will be sharing the track during all qualifying and race sessions. Those drivers racing with Novice Permits who plan to enter the event need to be aware that the supps for this event place some restriction on the acceptance of Novice Permits. If you are still racing on a Novice Permit you must get prior approval from the Chief Steward to participate in this event (this is the same restriction that applies to the ARRC by GRM). The Chief Steward’s contact information is shown on the supps.

Also be aware the make-up of the event increases the chances for duplicates in car numbers, so registering as soon as possible maximizes your chances of getting your desired number. Atlanta Region does not deposit entry fees until after the event and grants full refunds for no-shows, so there is absolutely no penalty for registering now.

Brother Creighton is working with the officials at Lanier Speedway about a potential "SM-Night at the Circle Track" on Saturday. I don't know if it will happen but I expect Jim will post here once he has the details.

I monitor this forum on a regular basis, so let me know if you have any questions and/or concerns.

See y'all at the track...

Butch Kummer
Competition Director
Atlanta Region SCCA

Butch Kummer

Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (2012-2014)

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
I am in circle track baby who haa

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:53
Here is the closest video I can find to preview the Saturday night event. Just about everyone from the last Road Atlanta National is covered plus a few of the SARRC drivers who were not there in March but have indicated they will be there for the SARRC portion. Several of the car numbers have been changed to protect the not so innocent.

Armando Ramirez

Armando Ramirez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:76

Here is the closest video I can find to preview the Saturday night event. Just about everyone from the last Road Atlanta National is covered plus a few of the SARRC drivers who were not there in March but have indicated they will be there for the SARRC portion. Several of the car numbers have been changed to protect the not so innocent.

Keep it
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sisson

Sisson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:65
Make it happen !!!!!!!
YEEEEEEE HAAAWW!!!!!!!

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Just a reminder that early registration for this event closes next Wednesday, May 18, at noon EDT. Atlanta Region does not deposit funds until after the event and refunds are automatic for no-shows, so there's no reason to delay registering if there's any chance at all you might make it.

The Track Trial sessions on Saturday are an excellent chance to get additional track time and/or reward a hard-working crew member for their help (or to recruit new participants to our sport).

No word yet on whether or not SM will be the featured class at Lanier on Saturday night. Perhaps Brother Creighton will give us an update on any negotiations that have taken place?

Finally, Atlanta Region will have Live T&S available for all our events the rest of 2011. Links to your preferred medium can be found at www.AtlantaSCCA.org.

Hope to see y'all at the track...

Butch Kummer

Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (2012-2014)

kaveman

kaveman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:B V R
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:78

I am in circle track baby who haa

Not relating to any current subject or lively discussion.

Andrew:

After much! therapy and numerous conversations with my mother,mostly during therapy usually on speaker, I have come to accept
the monicker you assinged me as eadearing and I thank you for it. As you come up often during sessions, my therapist is dying to meet you and I encourage you to please endulge her! I think you are absolutly mad and I love it absolutly!!!

She would like to draw her own coclusion! Oh by the way, it is spelled with a "k"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users