My local track is introducing a little race series for members only. Allowable cars are Spec Miatas and Spec Boxsters. I'm wanting to dip my toe in to some W2W, and I figure this would be an inexpensive and low-stress way to do so.
I have poured over the rules doc, but it's a LOT to take in at once. I was hoping I could list what is done to the car, and you guys might be able to help me out with what else I needed to do to be "legal". Please note that these most of these parts were purchased in 2012.
Car is a 2003, all factory except:
- Cage (cage is compliant, built by a shop that has prepared many SMs)
- Schroth 6pt harnesses installed correctly
- Kirkey Road Racing seat w/ halo on right side, and window net on left side
- Team Dynamics Pro 1.2 15x7 +25mm wheels
- Mazda suspension kit including Bilstein struts, Eibach springs, sway bars, and toe-links
- Momo Model 78 Steering Wheel w/ Longacre splined quick disconnect
- "Green" intake filter
- Aftermarket exhaust system of some sort w/ a cat & a muffler
Not installed yet:
- Spec Miata Timing Plate 1999-2005
- Longacre Battery kill switch
Stuff I know I need:
- Restrictor plate. I think it's the 40mm one?
- Fire suppression system. Any recommendations?
- 205/50/15 Toyo RRs
What else do I need to make the car legal? I'm not necessarily looking to add every little thing possible allowed in the rules to be fast (though those suggestions are welcome) -- but mostly I'm interested in the minimum I need to do to make the car legal. After that, I can focus on optional improvements.