• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
I’m curious to hear what people are paying or being quoted for a full wrap on a Miata. By my rough estimates it should require around 150 sq ft with waste. St. Louis isn’t exactly a hotbed for auto wraps but there are a few places. One I visited seemed like he was trying to talk me out of it. He wanted to look at the actual car but his comment about “a lot of curves” didn’t instill confidence. If it was a slab-sided dirt car I’d do it myself! Another I talked to on the phone was pretty vague. I know there are specs and templates out there for nearly any car but maybe they don’t have those. Anyway, interested to hear from others.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I think most are 1800 up?  Maybe some basic wraps at 1500-1600. 

• Michael Colangelo likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

J. Pressman

J. Pressman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Year:1999

Are you looking for a full custom commercial grade wrap, or a basic color change wrap?  I wrapped my car myself (with the help of my wife) for $400 in material and about 14 hours over the course of a month.  It's really very easy, just prep correctly and take your time.  I used Avery SW-900, which is higher end material, but not the extra thick commercial stuff.  Pretty darn cool with the air egress etc.

2007 ARRC Champion - SSM

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
I was thinking a full printed wrap. The guys I visited said there’s very little price difference for them to do that vs plain, but as you say a mono-color DIY would be the cheapest approach. Just weighing the modern options at the moment.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users