powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:145
Anybody see this trailer for an upcoming Netflix series.

Check out "Formula 1: Drive to Survive" on Netflix
www.netflix.com/title/80204890?source=android
Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

jpsomner

jpsomner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:LA

Mercedes and Ferrari refused to participate in upcoming F1 Netflix miniseries

Read more: https://autoweek.com...s#ixzz5hUWw8M2l

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I got up early this am and watched the first four.  It was pretty good, but nothing special IMO. I will watch all of them and enjoy it,  but not anything that you didn't likely already know and/or read last year.  Looking back now, it seemed obvious that ricciardo was leaving red bull early on.  The crash at baku seemed to be the beginning of the end. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:145
Thanks for the review. I will need to get on there and watch it today.
Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Yes, worth watching IMO. I’m of mixed thoughts about the hollywood style post-production addition of “live” announcing and sound effects but I get it. It would be interesting to know more about the editing process but they did a decent job of largely ignoring the uncooperative Ferrari and Mercedes teams to make it all about fighting for best-of-the-rest. Having followed the season I was well tired of Hamilton and Vettel anyway, why Bottas was retained remains a mystery, and Kimi was, well, Kimi.

I’m not counting on the racing to be any better this year but there are a number of intriguing storylines to follow.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I finished it up this weekend. It was pretty good. 

Surprised Grosjean was resigned and I think Ocon will soon be in Bottas seat.

And Gunther Steiner steals the show.  

• Amy M and Steve Scheifler like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

John Wilding

John Wilding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Region:CFR / Southeast
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:126

I finished it up this weekend. It was pretty good. 

Surprised Grosjean was resigned and I think Ocon will soon be in Bottas seat.

And Gunther Steiner steals the show.  

I've been curious as to how Grosjean has had a Formula 1 seat for many years now. I can't remember him ever doing anything amazing, or even having decent pace from weekend to weekend. He's only really good at complaining and blaming every other driver for his errors. LOL

• William Keeling and Jim Drago like this

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Testing and practice are over, qualifying is about to begin. In no particular order other than the last, these are my 2019 predictions.

Williams looks for the panic button - can they survive this season?

Deja vu for Vettel as a new young teammate starts beating him. Last time he switched teams. Unthinkable now, but retirement before next season?

Ricciardo smiles less even than last year, but more than the Hulk.

Bottas continues to underperform, replaced with Ocon next season if not later this season to improve chances for the constructors title.

The feel good story of Kubiza turns sad and uncomfortable. (Very much hope I’m wrong)

Third time around Kvyat finally grows up and does reasonably well without stupid mistakes and the arrogant BS.

Red Bull doesn’t regret switching to Honda power plants but still no better than 3rd overall, possibly 4th if Haas keeps their shit together.

Stroll surprises many by equaling new teammate Perez. (My longshot prediction) Whispers about favoritism by Daddy’s team?

Haas good enough to fight for 3rd in constructors points if Grosjean doesn’t flake out again and Magnussen doesn’t take penalties for chopping, blocking etc.

Grumbling by other teams about Haas/Ferrari relationship increases.

Overtaking improves a little with aero changes but mostly because DRS advantage has been increased.

Hamilton makes it six, but Maranello takes the constructors championship.
  • powerss, screaming monkey and callumhay like this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
How would we rate Bottas' performance today?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
If his luck was bad the past couple years then it was good today.

I was glad to see him get the seat and expected him to be up to it, but he wasn’t. When all else was equal, no claimed issues with the car or anything, he just flat didn’t have race pace. He claims that over the winter he got his head back on straight and returned more like his fierce younger self. If so and he can get it done then I’m totally pulling for him. But first race of the season at that particular track and under significant rule changes isn’t necessarily indicative of anything, and it seems pretty clear that Hamilton had some sort of issue. But we’ll know in due course. If Ferrari aren’t as fast as people thought then he can get by like he did last year, but if they get their shit sorted then he definitely needs to be better or he’s vulnerable.

Speaking of rule changes & Ferrari, the BBC online had an interesting piece about the differences in front wing approach between them and Merc and how Ferrari may have made a bad choice. It was posted before the race.
  • Danny Steyn likes this

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

I watched them all. It was ok, some of the behind the scenes stuff was interesting. My wife liked the soap opera stuff.  :rolleyes:

http://jenkinsracing.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users