Photo

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit - Super Tour - Saturday, Mar 30 — Sunday, Mar 31, 2019

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:31

I know Hallett is always a bit light, but nice of Jim, Josh, and John to join the Texas boys from out of state.

# Name Class Year Make Sponsor Hometown
4 Boyd, Joe SM 1999 Mazda Miata Schaeffer's Racing oil, G-LOC Brakes, East Street Racing Richmond, TX
23 Craven, Sam SM 1998 Mazda Miata Mulsanne Capital Partners Houston, TX
46 Davis, Matthew SM 2001 Mazda Miata Dallas, TX
2 Drago, Jim SM 2005 Mazda Miata East Street Racing Memphis, TN
13 Gardner, Tyler SM 2000 Mazda Miata Texas Track Works/DFWMustangs.net Royse City, TX
77 Hagler, Taylor SM 2000 Mazda miata Bulverde, TX
85 Harms, John SM 1999 Mazda MX-5 X-Factor Racing, GLOC Brakes Plano, TX
55 Holsworth, Joshua SM 2001 Mazda Miata Kansas City, MO
11 Keeling, William SM 1999 Mazda Miata PhillipsRacePrep/RaceEngineering/Carbotech/BlackArmor Houston, TX
40 Linder, Toby SM 1999 Mazda Miata X-Factor Racing, G-LOC Brakes, Black Armor Helmets, Sunoco Dallas, TX
90 McCallion, Trevor SM 1999 Mazda Miata X-Factor Racing / Gas Head Motorworks / G- LOC Prosper, TX
63 Porter, Michael SM 1999 Mazda Miata Gas Head Motorsports Cypress, TX
68 Quance, Tyler SM Mazda 2006 MX-5 Drake Motorsports, miatagraveyard.com, X-Factor Racing, G-Loc Brakes Cypress, TX
44 Rail, Ben SM 1999 Mazda Spec Miata x-factor racing Plano, TX
74 Reynolds, Matt SM 1999 Mazda Miata SM Reynolds Bros. Racing/Hoosier/JPM/Vintage Connection/G-LOC Brakes Fair Oaks , Tx
31 Shaffer, Christopher SM 1999 Mazda Miata ME | X-Factor Racing Dallas, TX
125 Stubblefield, Alan SM 1999 Mazda Miata XFactor / GasHead Motorworks Tomball, TX
24 Thomas, Lee SM 2003 Mazda Miata X-Factor Racing Austin, TX
72 Valenta, John SM 2002 Mazda Miata Hoosier, Over the Limit Racing Bridegton, MO

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Sad... That Im missing this one. Slowly slogging through getting my license over from Nasa.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Sad... That Im missing this one. Slowly slogging through getting my license over from Nasa.

I thought you can race SCCA on NASA license?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Either way it shouldn’t take nearly that long. If I can get it pushed through this week will you commit to racing the Gateway major as well? :)
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

It took me all of 2 days to get my license approved - including going to a 24h care place to have my medical completed. I thought the process was going to be complicated but you simply apply for the license by filling out a PDF and then emailing it to Topeka, ask Moses (SOWDiv License Administrator over in Cresson) for a waiver after submitting your NASA history/results via email, and then wait for Topeka to process it (they have rush services available).

I've heard of them accepting NASA licenses for various regional events here in Texas but no clue at a Super Tour.

I'd like to run Gateway as I went to school is St. Louis and Sauget was always a fun time at night.

Here is all you need to complete:

License application emailed to membership@scca.com

Apply for waiver from:

Moses Smith
SCCA Southwest Divison
Licensing Administrator

Wait a day or two but I'm sure they can expedite.

• EricJ likes this

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

This forum needs an "in reply to" indicator...

Yes, I've spoken with Moses, and have the waiver...and paid all of the fees.  Its a long story...of glitches, and what not.  I wasn't trying to lay any blame.  Most of the blame is on me for not pursuing things more vigorously when they didn't go smoothly the first time.   

The RV has also been out of commission for a while, so I didn't put a big priority on the license until I had the RV sorted.  The oil cooler blew, and I dumped a large quantity of oil into the cooling system.  So, it has taken a long while to get it cleaned out---I'm close, but I probably still have another weekend of fun to spend running detergent through the system and then flushing it clear. 

Also, I wasn't really sure if I was going to switch to SCCA from NASA.  I'm not going to stock tires for both...so, its either-or.  But, the last NASA race at Cresson sorta cinched that for me, I guess.  Less than 10 SM, mixed with the SRX7 (which has always been a CF) crowd.  I'd rather put 80 SM (a stupid number) on the track at MSR-C than mix with the RX7's.

For the same reasons....I haven't prepped the car.   So, I'm just whining because Hallett is my favorite track, when its really my fault for not being ready. 

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dennis_

Dennis_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Car Number:87

Also, I wasn't really sure if I was going to switch to SCCA from NASA.  I'm not going to stock tires for both...so, its either-or.  But, the last NASA race at Cresson sorta cinched that for me, I guess.  Less than 10 SM, mixed with the SRX7 (which has always been a CF) crowd.  I'd rather put 80 SM (a stupid number) on the track at MSR-C than mix with the RX7's.

Looked like 22 on the grid for me.. I do agree that the RX-7's mixed in was a cluster.. can those go to vintage racing already? 

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Looked like 22 on the grid for me.. I do agree that the RX-7's mixed in was a cluster.. can those go to vintage racing already? 

Yeah there were 20+ and a bit of a cluster.

A small bit of joy was taken when the red one causing most of the issues with the leader pack had its strut/wheel fall off at a DE event this weekend at Cresson as well. Probably from the hit with Gale. He's a nice enough guy and fellow instructor, but GTFO way and don't try to race the leaders when your group has 3 second/lap disparity.

• trimless likes this

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Weird---I stand corrected. 

I actually DID check during the weekend.  When I logged in, Racehero only showed me 6 SM's.  Which is the reason I assumed that was given for mixing in the RX7's, instead of SM getting its own group. 

-tch

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
It’s OK Tom, hibernation is like that but your head will clear eventually. ;)
  • Tom Hampton likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Yeah there were 20+ and a bit of a cluster.

A small bit of joy was taken when the red one causing most of the issues with the leader pack had its strut/wheel fall off at a DE event this weekend at Cresson as well. Probably from the hit with Gale. He's a nice enough guy and fellow instructor, but GTFO way and don't try to race the leaders when your group has 3 second/lap disparity.

I think Gale owes you a kick in the balls for not punting that guy when he blocked you. If you put him off when you should hav, that CF would never have happened. Just sayin.
  • Danny Steyn and TylerQuance like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
I am accepting donations to run this race in spec Miata and other classes :-) also accepting payment not too ????
  • FTodaro, Danny Steyn, Preston Pardus and 1 other like this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I am accepting donations to run this race in spec Miata and other classes :-) also accepting payment not too ????

I am willing to donate a pack of Marlboro Cigarettes to you if you go full Cowboy on James Dargo and beat him by over 4 seconds as you did last year!

K. Webb