Michael Cola

Michael Cola

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
  • Car Year:1991
Hello all,
I'm a member of the Formula SAE team at UNC Charlotte. Our car uses a miata VLSD in a custom machined aluminum housing. We have some Sr Design engineering students that want to try to rebuild a viscous coupler with a different type of silicone-fluid. Thus, we are in need of some extra VLSD couplers that we can cut apart and try to modify.

I don't want to spark a thread about why we shouldn't have used VLSD in the first place on our car. The decision was made long before we really understood what we should have selected, and now that we have a unit built and that works, we'd like to try to make improvements to it. We don't have the funding to purchase something else, and these students want to tackle the issue.

Since I know that most people that race their miatas eventually throw away their VLSD in favor of a torsen, I was wondering if there were some people that would be kind enough to donate their used couplers to our school. We really only need the coupler, but at least one set of spare internals would be good to have on hand.

Is there anyone out there that might be interested in helping us out?

Thanks!!

-Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users