Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:51
Putting in a new transmission and clutch. Have three used flywheels, one with only 30k miles and they all measure only 17#. The minimum spec for 1.6L flywheel is 17.6#. Does anyone have the exact weight of a new flywheel with pilot bearing? I realize that my scale could be off but the machine shop I use weighed one (and they all look similar) with their UPS scale and verified the weight as under 17.6#. Would prefer just to clean up one of these flywheels than buy brand new but this may not be possible. So, anyone have a new one they can weigh? :)

Thanks
Charlie

Edited by Charles Boehly, 04-14-2011 06:21 AM.

Charles Boehly
SM #51

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Sorry, I did not get back to you. I did not have on the shelf where I thought I did. I will still try to weigh one.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Jeff Longo

Jeff Longo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:06
I understand and appreciate your concern to follow the "specs". In my opinion, not that anyone asked, use the best flywheel you have and go have fun. If you will be competing @ a national level with regular podium finishes,... maybe keep looking.
LTD Racing, Chief of Inappropriate Comments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users