• Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Preston posted his video

https://www.youtube....oX8ibbTptwaTDlQ

• Bench Racer likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Here's some others...

https://youtu.be/ekIBok5W5-8

https://youtu.be/_swOcz4culE

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:31

The only video I'm really interested to see is the Hard Charger - Jesse Singer who apparently was able to run 1.3s faster at race pace passing all of those cars then in qualifying sessions beforehand.

I'm a proud Larry, and given that my first qualifying session was my first ever drive on the the track, I thought I fared reasonably well as a mid-packer moving up a couple of seconds per session.

But I'm a bit concerned when someone who runs the following lap times  (2:20.660 2:21.440 2:20.378) in qualifying somehow runs a 2:19.09, and bests prior qual times with many race pace lap times, to move up that many spots to take my hard charger award....

I call BS....

He posted all of the LCR videos @ Indy of him going off track multiple times in the same race on the same corner so show us this race video.

• SpecMiataManDrama likes this

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

CDM

CDM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:9102
  • Car Number:66

I'm going to edit my video today/tonight but heres a little race ruining excitement through hog pen for the forum

https://www.youtube....h?v=_TtaTNNXKCA

Thankfully miatas are tough and i was able to limp it with the FR toe like an inch off but still... disappointing end to a very fun race.

The restart earlier on was also a bad bit of luck as #70 broke down coming through hog pen (im beginning to not like this turn lol) which split the top 9 off from our second group by a large margin and from there on it was a full on battle in the second group :)

• Jim Drago likes this

Charles-Dylan "Chuck" Mactutus #66

OPM Autosports

2019-21 SARRC Champion & Rookie of the Year

2022 Southeast Majors and National SuperTour Champion

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99

The only video I'm really interested to see is the Hard Charger - Jesse Singer who apparently was able to run 1.3s faster at race pace passing all of those cars then in qualifying sessions beforehand.

I'm a proud Larry, and given that my first qualifying session was my first ever drive on the the track, I thought I fared reasonably well as a mid-packer moving up a couple of seconds per session.

But I'm a bit concerned when someone who runs the following lap times  (2:20.660 2:21.440 2:20.378) in qualifying somehow runs a 2:19.09, and bests prior qual times with many race pace lap times, to move up that many spots to take my hard charger award....

I call BS....

He posted all of the LCR videos @ Indy of him going off track multiple times in the same race on the same corner so show us this race video.

Any chance your related to Danny????

• SpecMiataManDrama likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South

I'm going to edit my video today/tonight but heres a little race ruining excitement through hog pen for the forum

https://www.youtube....h?v=_TtaTNNXKCA

Thankfully miatas are tough and i was able to limp it with the FR toe like an inch off but still... disappointing end to a very fun race.

The restart earlier on was also a bad bit of luck as #70 broke down coming through hog pen (im beginning to not like this turn lol) which split the top 9 off from our second group by a large margin and from there on it was a full on battle in the second group :)

Chuck

Nice to finally meet you and your dad this week.  That clip stinks.. but it happens!  best of luck at the ARRC and next year.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

here is my very poor and short performance https://www.youtube....h?v=Sn4aG7JoHZM

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

here is my very poor and short performance https://www.youtube....h?v=Sn4aG7JoHZM

It was a fun watch!  sorry to see you went off. looks like the car turns right pretty good especially when it on the dirt.

• Jim Drago likes this

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Chris Lefferdink

Chris Lefferdink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:12

I call BS....

What are you implying?

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

What are you implying?

Not 100% sure but what i got from reading between the lines is there is no f-ing way you can charge harder then himself unless your cheating your ass off...  I hope I'm wrong 

• Chris Lefferdink likes this

K. Webb

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South

Its scary back there :) You can drive through it Cole, I know you can :) 

• Tom Hampton and sentercut like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Car Number:31

I'm simply asking the question based upon the results as the data doesn't make sense when nearly everyone else went slower Saturday than in qualifying and the delta was rather substantial.

I also heard rumors of people pulling plates before the race but I'd hope that to not be the case for any competitor.

If he did indeed have a fantastic drive, and did so without help, then my hat goes off to him and his performance and I really want to see the video as it should be an awesome watch moving through the field. 

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Well... this makes me feel better.  I drove off the track 3 times but at least that was over the course of 15 laps.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

I call BS....

This seems like a job for SMMD. They are at the top of their field in investigative reporting. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

I call BS....

Seemed very impressive to me, as well...but one of the videos I posted shows his start...It's hard to tell, but looks like he may have had exceptionally good reflexes when the green was thrown.  Did a good job on the grass, as well.

I think it is possible to pick up more than a second if your car is capable, you get in a good pack of drivers (learning/drafting as you go), and you finally figure out Hogpen.  But let's see the video.

• William Keeling likes this
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Its scary back there :)

I watched Steve Powers video, and even some of the moves in Preston's video...I think those were crazy.

Here's my perspective...

• powerss likes this
Domm Leuci

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I'm simply asking the question based upon the results as the data doesn't make sense when nearly everyone else went slower Saturday than in qualifying and the delta was rather substantial.

I also heard rumors of people pulling plates before the race but I'd hope that to not be the case for any competitor.

If he did indeed have a fantastic drive, and did so without help, then my hat goes off to him and his performance and I really want to see the video as it should be an awesome watch moving through the field. 

You can also go look at the time cars cards from the race that show trap speed every lap as well.  His straight line speed doesnt seem alarming to me avg is 113mph fast was 115 and change.   

In two of his qualifying session he got 3 laps and 5 laps when everyone else for 8 laps each, his highest trap speed in qualifying was 112 and change.  when I look at many that finished behind him in the race and plenty  have very similar trap speeds as well.  You can go look at all this yourself, not saying your wrong or right.  I hope your wrong!

K. Webb