BlueJay73

BlueJay73

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:27

I am going to replace my splined QR.

I see that the NRG QR has a lock pin button that must be pressed, in addition to the ears that must be pulled back on.

I just want to pull on the ears to release the hub, not feel around for a button with gloves on, if in some emergency situation.

I've seen in a few posts that some people have removed or disabled that lock pin, but there are no posts saying how to do it.

Even w/o the lock pin, the wheel will not come off if pulling on the wheel, you still have to pull on the ears.

Anybody want to give instructions on how to do it?

I do not want to open up a debate about whether one should or not. That decision is up to me.

Thanks.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
At least two versions of NRG we used do not have the described lock pin.

Pro tip - don’t get their heavy and bulky spline adapter/hub. The Miatacage Steering Shaft Adapter is a good choice and he offers spacers if needed. His own QR is also worth a look.
  • Jim Drago likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

BlueJay73

BlueJay73

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:27

Thanks so much for the great info Steve. Nuts. I wish I had known about the non-lock pin versions, or I wish I wasn't so impatient when I have a task in mind. I didn't wait and I went ahead and ordered the Miatacage QR and hub adapter. It's the best, but also costs like it is the best. I'm sure I will be happy with it once the sting of the price goes away, but the non-lockpin version of the NRG would have made for a good option, and a tough decision. Thanks. Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users