* * * * * 1 votes Racing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

gogirl10

gogirl10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It is true we are back racing at Nelson Ledges! Cincinnati & Neohio Regions have joined up to put on the first SCCA race at Nelson Ledges in a long time.

This race is also a qualifying race for the Runoffs. Please come and check out all the improvements that have been made at the track.

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Year:1990
Overall turnout looks good, but only 7 SM so far. Anyone else heading out for this race?

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Planning to enter.  Has been 20 years since there and never in a Miata.  Lot's of history in my family there going way back so very much looking forward to it.  Fun track for those who have never been there.  I'll bet the average speed there is among the highest we see.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Raw Knuckles

Raw Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Neohio SCCA
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:73

Where else can you average 90 MPH per lap in a SM?  Currently Race Group 1 is all SM, but if we don't get some more people entered there's a high likelihood that we'll be combined with another group.  For those who like to Double Dip, STL is group 5 so it's a good schedule.  Plus the entry fee is very reasonable.  $395 for one class, $650 for two.  SCCA is also hosting Test & Tune on Friday, all day for $200.  

Bob MacDonald

Raw Knuckles Racing

Neohio Region SCCA

Impact Communications

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
What is the travel time from road America to Nelson ledges?
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

EMatoy

EMatoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Region:Detroit

What is the travel time from road America to Nelson ledges?

Looks like 8 hrs (without traffic issues by Chicago)

EMatoy

EMatoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Region:Detroit
I was there last weekend for a champcar race and would really like to go back for this race- but I have a 24 hr race at VIR the following week.
The track is fast- just don’t make a mistake, there is no good place to go off. Pavement is narrow but you can pass almost anywhere except the kink - as long as your willing to. Also great to see them investing money in the place. One of the tracks that really seems to appreciate you being there.
  • Raw Knuckles, Michael Novak and JRHille like this

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Looks like 8 hrs (without traffic issues by Chicago)

He’s right, with traffic and fuel stops it’s right about 8.5 hours.

I can’t say enough about how the new owners are investing in the track. They’ve done some big improvements, but they’re also doing little improvements that in total make a big difference.

Thanks,
Brian
  • Raw Knuckles likes this

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
I am contemplating testing at road America Thursday then driving down to run half the Friday test day and Saturday race then head back to road America for the Sunday charity race
  • Raw Knuckles likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

I am contemplating testing at road America Thursday then driving down to run half the Friday test day and Saturday race then head back to road America for the Sunday charity race

That's ambitious. 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Raw Knuckles

Raw Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Neohio SCCA

That's ambitious. 

But you have to admire ambition!  Reminds me of stories of Reed Andrews racing at Road America and then hightailing it cross-country to race at LimeRock on Monday.

Anything we can do to help Chris?

Bob MacDonald

Raw Knuckles Racing

Neohio Region SCCA

Impact Communications

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users