Photo

Sebring 1/16/22 Provisional Results

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Why provisional results?

16 cars did not start, Not Classified.  

https://cdn.connects....pdf?1642352644

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

It was raining and they were afraid they'd get wet.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

It was raining and they were afraid they'd get wet.

Any idea why provisional on Monday?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Any idea why provisional on Monday?

Protests? Volunteer webmaster? COVID? 

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Results were provisional because Yiannis was under protest. Imagine that  :unsure:

In short, he was 3-4 car lengths behind Danny at the start.. As Danny( we all know he brakes early typically)  and the rest of the field breoke for turn one lap one.. Yiannis passed Danny on the inside wall, wide open as Danny was braking, passed him wide open and hit connor Zillisch as turning in for turn one, no brake lights on Yiannis until he hit Connor and spun him in front of the field. Supposedly dq from race, three points and 3 race probabtion.  I wish I can say this is abnormal behavior, but I would say more the norm.  The guys will never change. I dont think anything has ever been his fault and listens to no one.  He walked in to OPM Trailer with Danny, Chuck and Myself watching it.. I will keep their comments private but basically we were all in agreement that this was really bad, 100% avoidable and 0 % chance of any other outcome.. It did not appear to sink in at all.  :( He qualified about a full second back of top 9 and 1.6 off pole. The likelihood of him finishing top 5 was not good under normal circumstances. So what do you do, you go for the lead in turn one. :( The term 'dart without feathers"  was used to describe this individual ( not by me BTW) and seems quite appropriate.  I hate racing with this guy as he is fast, but wreckless often ruins races, weekends and cars for others. Eventually he will hurt someone. its not an if, but a when. 

• Mike Tesch likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

In other news.. 

It seems SCCA  is still looking at the VVT cars, well ESR VVT cars in particular :) Data boxes in my car and Prestons in race one. Really getting old.. Not sure wtf they are looking for, but keep looking I guess. If it was once again about "parity" why not put boxes in best VVT and 99/00 cars at each event.    If SMAC and/or SCCA tech staff dont know what cars are the best by now and who should be getting data boxes, well that says alot! What are you guys looking at? All the drivers seem to know?  You cant govern and make these decisions from the cheap seats or from TV ;)  You need to participate or be there and see first hand IMO. 

With all the data, tear down, inspections, dyno tests last year at the runoffs.. I thought this bullshit would have been over by now. Our class is growing almost despite the sanctioning bodies and advisory committess, certainly not because of them. No inflated contingencies etc to buy new participants either. Just the best class, best racing at an affordable price and a great community!  This is clear to most and it brings in new members naturally.  Its time to leave our class alone. Outside members on smac, I dont see all the parity complaints that we are supposedly getting ? Why are they in fastrak? Where are all these lettters asking for changes?   People are building and winning in new build 99 cars. Make the choice you think is best for yourself and race it. Don't build one and try to slow the other.  Any changes SMAC decides to make are nothing more than rewards weights imo at this point and is not what we do in SM!  The dyno data does not support changes imo, nor do the results.  The first three races of the seaon.. podium day 1-2, the three drivers with the most national championships miraciooulsy were 1-2-3..  One won by me, one by Preston and the Elivan on the podium both days.. Sebring dry race 1.. Elivan wins, I am p3 and Preston DNF.. Seems to make sense to me ;)

We have a protest system, if anyone thinks a car is outside the rules.. use it!    

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Following from a distance these days...but SCCA and data collection is confusing me? No HP/TQ limit per the rules in SM correct? I assume nothing in the rules they could enforce to justify a DQ or some penalty(with data)...are they just comparing car to car? Gathering data to look for something next event? Maybe ECU funny business?

Jim?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Following from a distance these days...but SCCA and data collection is confusing me? No HP/TQ limit per the rules in SM correct? I assume nothing in the rules they could enforce to justify a DQ or some penalty(with data)...are they just comparing car to car? Gathering data to look for something next event? Maybe ECU funny business?

Jim?

I have been told its parity and data gathering.. But if thats the case it is being done VERY poorly IMOand all of this should have been long since setlled after this years dyno results at  Indy and Daytona.. They are public.  After a three year solid VVt witch hunt.  The ecu funny business was also checked at Sebring last year and Ecus sent to Mazda. 

This is nothing more than more than committess acting on their own without the justification by results, protest or letters in the system IMO. All these letters should be in fastrak, where are they? 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts

Just to be crystal clear, the SMAC has zero involvement in choosing if data boxes are deployed at a race much less choosing who gets a data box.   As I understand it data boxes in cars are driven by CRB request and sent to the technical staff to implement.   If a data box is put in a car that raw data is NOT shared at all with SMAC.  The data representative in Topeka gets the raw data and puts it into a very generic anonymized whisker box report that we generally see once per year.  Thanks.

• Jim Drago likes this
Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users