NV Racer

NV Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:70
Finally found a new 1.6 donor. I transferred in the new motor. Called Mazdamotorsports to get all part numbers for the new spec miata Penske setup for the new car. I found out from Dan that the swaybar kit has been on backorder since August of last year. Eibach may not ever produce the kit again since it only fits 90-93. Does that effectively end the 1.6? Will CRB come up with alternate part numbers? Anyone have any insight on the situation?

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Finally found a new 1.6 donor. I transferred in the new motor. Called Mazdamotorsports to get all part numbers for the new spec miata Penske setup for the new car. I found out from Dan that the swaybar kit has been on backorder since August of last year. Eibach may not ever produce the kit again since it only fits 90-93. Does that effectively end the 1.6? Will CRB come up with alternate part numbers? Anyone have any insight on the situation?

Only the front swaybar is different.  Eibach makes the same swaybars front and rear sold separately through general distribution, so the 24mm 1.6 front bar might be available through another seller.  Same for the rear bar.  A little digging online might yield individual bar part numbers and a supplier. Also, someone among this community is likely to have a bar they'd sell. 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

pm'd

i can get you new ones still.

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

NV Racer

NV Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:70
Update: Mazda has bars back in stock. Eibach said they are catching up with orders.
  • Steve Scheifler likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users