roper

roper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:MWC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:55

Hey..   I know there are kits to fix these frame rails in the UK.  Anything in the US?     99Miata Silver .   Pictures of both front frame rails below.   I am in chicago.    Any thoughts and ideas are welcome.       1. Scrap the car.   2. Part it out   3. Donate   4. Fix it.  

Its my sons car...  tool around in it.   Very clean body.   Fun for an 18 year old but not safe at this point.  

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

pics aren't coming through but the usual answer to addressing that particular issue is to sell the car to someone who will part it or part it out yourself. 

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

roper

roper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:MWC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:55

This will give you an idea of 1 side

Attached Files

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Yep, that's the usual NB frame rust mess although I've seen it on the other side too closer to the firewall

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Unfortunately, even it that’s the worst of it, when it’s that bad there’s usually more in other areas like by the rear wheel wells, and many other bolts are so rusted they break rather than loosen, making maintenance a major pain. In that case, it’s all fixable but probably worth it only for someone who can do it themselves and not count the value of their time.
  • Jim Drago likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I would start with a different car,  the entire car will be rusty and not just that spot.  Save the time and headaches and start fresh. I promise you will not regret it :(

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users