NA- 1.8 running stock brake parts (calipers, rotors, master cyl etc).
Problem - when the brakes get hot on the track, the fronts won't release. They bind and often need to run over curbs/dragon teeth to get them to un-stick.
Thing's I've tried
- rebuilt calipers with "parts store" seals
- rebuilt calipers with seal kits from Mazda
- replaced calipers with "parts store" calipers
- replaced hubs
- swapped spindles
- while the brakes are hot and the hub is hard to turn
- open the bleeder - no change in resistance to turning the wheel, no fluid comes out
- push the pistons back and the slides move easily
I've been running Miatas for 20 years now without any issues with brakes, but this problem has been nagging us for the past 2 years.
Where are people buying replacement brake parts? What tricks have people used to negate this sort of thing?
Any insight would be useful.