Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Two days = practice, qualify, two full points races
This is different from normal - please check the schedule carefully.
http://www.sfrscca.o...y28schedule.pdf

Group 7 ......SMT, SSM - must run 90 db all sessions
Group 7 ......1 qual, 1 group, no odd/even <_<
Everyone please stay out of the sand traps :unsure:

Entry fees: $425 Regional; $160 dual entry (second group, same car & driver)
Last day to enter without paying the $30 late fee is May 23.
http://www.sfrscca.o...temid,1/cid,22/

Garage Rentals
http://www.sfrscca.o...nt/view/9357/29
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Johnny,

Your like the unofficial liaison between SCCA brass and the drivers/forum. You need your on icon on the home page for all those "I need info questions!" Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaask....Johnnnny! :P

The young guys wont get that :unsure:

Thanks for the info :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Johnny,

Your like the unofficial liaison between SCCA brass and the drivers/forum. You need your on icon on the home page for all those "I need info questions!" Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaask....Johnnnny! :P

The young guys wont get that :unsure:

Thanks for the info :D

It's like your cooking...

Just something I wipped up but it really good. :D
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Get a room!

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
I paid for Laguna.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Ill be there all weekend, but unfortunately spectating.

We have rented the car for group 5/7 both days (gotta pay for the festival weekend somehow)

If anyone needs a hand with anything (eating steak, drinking extra beer you have laying around etc...) just give me a shout.

And of course, if anyone is feeling a little under the weather before a race, ill bring my gear.

=]
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
No racing for us either...but I'll be down to hang out! I'll bring food and cook Sat with the Coopers...who's in?? Dan...we can race pit bikes up to the cork screw...i get the 50!!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Number:34
I'm in. Both ITA and SMT.

I had Evil Genius built me a really nice exhaust system with a removable secondary muffler for Laguna. Curiously the car dynos better with the Laguna muffler -- about 1ft-lb more torque, same peak HP. I've heard similar from two others.

Ron: Glen and I are up for joining the BBQ. We will bring extra food to throw into the pot luck.

See everyone there!

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Spencer N

Spencer N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:19
I'll be there. Missed the first race due to school, it will be good to get back in the car again.

Hope to see you guys out there.

-spencer
-Spencer

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990
I'm registered as well. See you guys there. :)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:01
I will be there too.
I will be trying out my new Rumble Strip Racing Lap Timer. Hopefully I will be able to get some good data as to when I am having a good lap versus a bad during practice and qualify.
See you guys there.

Joshua
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:20
Just signed up for SMT. One more final and I'm free
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

D Biggar

D Biggar

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:33
SMT and ITA for me ;) see you guys out there!
-David Biggar
david.biggar(at)gmail.com

Meteorologist
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

hoverducky

hoverducky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:86
In.

Scott

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Weekend recap...

Saturday the car was pushing a ton so I made adjustments to fix it and by the SM race at 430pm on Saturday I finally had some oversteer. Maybe a little too much to get used to in the race but it was fine. Tossed that race out the window in turn 11. Started 13 overall and ended up 18th overall or something.

Sunday I was now settled in to the car and now focusing on the places where it mattered most for me. 6, the entry to the corkscrew, and 10. I feel like I learned how to the take the corners through out the day, I just haven't found the guts to do what the guys up front do through them. Started 13th overall ended up 6th overall.

All in all great weather, people, racing, and fun. I thought it was a good ice breaker for me and racing at laguna. Glad to see that Darin came through after all his problems with 3 wins for the weekend. Sorry to see the few cars that got wrecked in the last group 5 race. Hope everyone can get things up and running again!

Need to learn to slow down a tad more for 11. The drifting is fun but it gets old when you slow down on that huge straight.....
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Nicely done Charlie! You've come a long way in a short period. Very clean racing and car control :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
Thanks for the kind words Charlie, and congrats on your progress. I like the way your camera captures the true audio gnarliness of going 2 off in T6 - BAM!

We definitely suffered the new car blues & just plain bad luck on Saturday, and it seemed like that trend was continuing at the start of the first race Sunday morning. But then I got some good luck & finally got more used to the car. Glad to end the SSM dominance. Thank God I didn't end up in a drag race with one to the stripe like Phil did on Saturday... Happy to win, but not thrilled to be significantly slower than the old car and inconsistent too.

I'll post some video once I figure out how to edit it from a new camera.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Number:34
Nice drive Charlie! Good saves in T11. I think I remember noticing that and hoping you'd out do yourself. :) This is going to be a fun racing year.

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12
Looks like a busy weekend! Posted Image

Qual:
12:14 Sound Advisory - Car #1, 5, 7, 10, 19, 20, 21, 24, 26, 34, 41, 42, 43, 44, 48, 58, 59, 61, 78,
12:14 80, 85, 86, 89, 95, 98, 99
12:15 Sound Jeopardy - Car #16, 29, 33, 35, 50, 51, 53, 97

Race 1:
17:34 Car #19 - All times disallowed sound violation
17:34 Car #29 - All times disallowed sound violation
17:34 Car #76 - All times disallowed sound violation
17:35 Car # 97 – Some times disallowed- sound violation
17:39 Car # 74 - CSA - 3 position penalty in class - pass under double standing yellow - GCR 6.1.1.B
17:52 Car #24 – CSA – Disqualified – Underweight - per GCR 9.1.8
17:52 Sound advisory: #5, 9, 10, 16, 21, 23, 24, 26, 33, 43, 48, 55, 59, 61, 68, 78, 85, 97, 98
17:53 Sound jeopardy: #05, 6, 20, 34, 35, 41, 50, 51, 53, 74, 86, 9

Race 2:
17:33 Car #80 – CSA – Disqualified - Failure to obey race official - GCR 2.1.5

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

17:33 Car #80 – CSA – Disqualified - Failure to obey race official - GCR 2.1.5

Is this who I think it is?
J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users