Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
http://www.sfrscca.o...temid,1/cid,22/

On Friday, the 17th, the 2011 Spec Miata Festival group photo at the world-famous Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Turn 8 – otherwise known as the Corkscrew! at 5:00 pm. THIS IS A CORRECTION FROM THE INFO IN THE WHEEL!!

Friday evening, the annual BBQ dinner at the Cook Corral in the paddock. Before dinner, a generous supply of cash, gifts and prizes are handed out to the attending racers. From bottles of wine to non-racing weekend getaways, brake pads to bumpers, the Annual Raffle is something to be witnessed in person!

If you are planning on attending the BBQ, please contact Ian Cook with your RSVP and what you will be bringing for the raffle.

Enter by Monday, June 13 to avoid the $30 late fee and to retain your reserved number.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Just entered.

Slight mix up at work...wont be able to get the Friday off but got the Thursday?

Going down Wed. night to test Thursday, going home for work Friday, then HAULING ASS back to the track to be "present to win."

I'd like to put some feelers out now, If I call it now, can i send a representative just in case i don't make it in time? :unsure:

(not going to run the first race...just the second + festival.)
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Dan, so if you call in sick do you think they will believe you :lol:
You should ask the region if they will let you start from the back for a discounted price since you will miss fri. practice and qualifying...worth a shot?

Kyle will be running...also testing Thurs. He has never run Laguna so does anyone want to tow him around with a little lead follow for a session??

Also, I see SM has no sessions in the 90DB window...so I assume we can run regular exhausts?? I guess I can put off the Laguna exhaust for another year since we wont run in Oct. B)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:01
Well my home made flowmaster bought it at the last event so I have built a new one out of a little heavier stainless. The problem with the old muffler was it trapped the exhaust gases in one spot melting the thin stainless. The whole in the picture was created by the end of the weekend. The car is loud like it does not have a muffler at low rpms but as the exhaust gases go faster from higher rpms the exhaust quiets down. I will need to do some dyno runs with and without to see if I am loosing any power.
Old Muffler:
Posted Image
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Unless someone corrects me...Sm has no sessions in the 90db window next weekend. So normal exhaust is fine I assume? Pretty ugly Josh :o

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:38

Unless someone corrects me...Sm has no sessions in the 90db window next weekend. So normal exhaust is fine I assume? Pretty ugly Josh :o

Hi Ron,
Looks to me like they are letting SM run in the last test session on Thursday if you have a 90dB exhaust.
Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
Anyone know what tire services will be available at Laguna this weekend?

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
I think it would be safe to assume that both Kraus will be there as well as AIM. A quick call to either and they can let you know if they will be there or not
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
AIM will be there on the test day through the weekend. Get things done early because business slows down later in the weekend and they may pack up.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990
So who is RSVP'ed for the Festivus on Friday evening?

Today is the day to RSVP.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I haven't, I will. Is there a $30 late fee on that too ? :D

You can RSVP to iancook@sbcglobal.net.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Don't miss the BBQ and raffle. Art of Road Racing's contribution will be a free test day at Thunderhill, restricted to racers that have been racing for less than one year. That's a $250 value and good odds to win if you are a newbie!

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

I haven't, I will. Is there a $30 late fee on that too ? :D

You can RSVP to iancook@sbcglobal.net.
J~

According to Lisa, Only for you. Thankfully she doesn't know we're friends or she would have charged me the late fee also. :D :P

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Don't miss the BBQ and raffle. Art of Road Racing's contribution will be a free test day at Thunderhill, restricted to racers that have been racing for less than one year. That's a $250 value and good odds to win if you are a newbie!

-Juan

Dude that is an awesome prize! Your event was the best learning experience I have experienced as a newbie racer.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I have to see what leftover xmas gifts I have. Dion got a sweet BBQ set last year.

For those who didn't get the email.
Spec Miata Festival News
Friday, June 17th is the Annual Spec Miata Festival, this year at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The day includes a picture of the group on the Corkscrew (be in grid at 4:40 pm ready) a large raffle drawing and a catered TriTip and Chicken BBQ by Golden Star Catering. PLEASE let us know if you are planning on joining us for dinner so that we have enough food. The BBQ and party/raffle will take place at Ian Cook’s Motorhome. Margaritas, Beer, plenty of appetizers and munchies and I would assume a sombrero or two…. You can RSVP to iancook@sbcglobal.net.
We are making a list of raffle prizes, so please let Ian or myself know that you are contributing something towards the drawing. If you need a certificate or flyer made, please send me the details of what you are offering and I can print it and bring it with me to the event.
Mazda Speed Motorsport Development has provided $2,000 Cash prizes for the raffle drawing – Requirements for Eligibility :
You must be a Mazda Team Support Member. Must have Mazda decals on both rear quarter panels and a Mazda Speed decal on the nose of the car. The stickers must be clearly placed on the vehicle before the start of the event. Ian will have some of the needed stickers at the test day registration on Thursday. Prizes are as follows :
3 cash prizes $ 250
5 cash prizes $ 150
5 cash prizes $100

J~

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
Where do you guys stay (motel) when you go to Laguna?

I stayed at the Laurel Inn last time. It was OK but a bit out of the way.

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12
While i am out of town and sadly missing this, I want daily trash talking and updates starting after the first test session Thursday!
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

While i am out of town and sadly missing this, I want daily trash talking and updates starting after the first test session Thursday!

How about some now.
What, your not coming?
No foot pedals this year? :rolleyes: :P :D

At least I thought they were foot pedal. :unsure:
Were they using them for coaster? :huh:
J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Where do you guys stay (motel) when you go to Laguna?

I stayed at the Laurel Inn last time. It was OK but a bit out of the way.

I did Good Nite Inn in Salinas once $60 a nite, nice.
No night life like Monterey but right off the freeway at John St.
Restaurants and a theater near by.
J~

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
Dan and Charlie, thanks for the info on tire services.

See everyone there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users