Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

Way too early to normally talk about these events but given the current (Replace head with stock head  OR Some unknown weight penalty that will be SEVERE) I am close to skipping it. Getting machine work done past the 15th(Supposedly the new date for rules?) and reassembled in time to get everything to Florida over the Christmas break is looking unlikely.... I was looking for to some ROVAL practice at Homestead....

What's the general consciences?   

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

As of right now, we are the fence. 

The more I think of it, the more reasons I come up with to stay home and the less I think of to load up and come down. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Myself and all the Autotechnik boys should be there

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

OK, assuming that the world does not end between today and January 7th, how would the SM guys feel about a parking area reserved for them at Homestead? I've been asked to help with the paddock parking at Homestead and could reserve an area for SM. And if you think it is a good idea, I could suggest this to the paddock chief at Sebring. And if it does happen and you like it, we could do the same for Road Atlanta.

On another note, for those of you in Divisions that have a spread out schedule with miles to drive, you have the option of joining SEDiv and racing out of the SEDiv Conference in 2015. With the Double at Sebring & Homestead, you would only need to enter, Atlanta, VIR, Summit Point or Nola to be eligible for the Runoffs provided you get the minimum required points. Once the requirements are announced, check this as an option to towing extra miles. Plus, we run our races in the cooler parts of the year. All you need to do is change your SCCA region of record to any SEDiv Region such as Atlanta, Central Florida, Florida, North Carolina, etc.

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

You don't need to change your Region to race for the SE Majors Championship and to use those races to qualify for the Runoffs.  You only need to change your region if you intend on getting your invitation through a Divisional system, not through the Majors Conference.

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Right! My bad. But to be conference Champion, only races in the Conference count. Many in SW and MW could take advantage of the two Florida Majors, the NOLA and Road Atlanta to get 4 races toward the Conference Championship. However, I'm not sure a conference championship carried much in 2014. We give jackets, plaques, etc for Divisional Champions in SEDiv. I'm not sure what National did for the conference champions. Gold ring would have been nice. :optimist:

We have not seen the approval of our Divisional plan yet, but it does include races at all tracks including Daytona. That plan does not require Majors races. And that series would require SEDiv membership. Those series races do not get started until March so their would be time to switch.

While I'm at it, if you want to come run Daytona for the two Regional weekends scheduled there, you can go to sedivracing.org and apply for a permanent number. That way, you can reserve your number for all the Division races including Daytona and the Majors. The numbers form is on the main page along with number that were assigned in 2014. Try to reserve one not used in 2014. I expect some of the fields at Daytona to be full. Pain in the neck to change numbers even if it is the leading (1). We do reserve leading 1 numbers such as 100.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Jim, I'm thinking abut running my T4 in the SE and my other car in the NE.  Our Spec Miata's are staying parked until the rules get worked out...

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

Majors conference championship results in a very nice trophy.  No jacket and no patch, either of which would be welcome. 

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

Our Spec Miata's are staying parked until the rules get worked out...

And maybe even after :)
  • Mike Collins likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6
Undecided.

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Really sad, not looking good for Sebring. This is my favorite event of the year, always lots of cars, starting a new year, and Sebring is my favorite track for one reason.....you can pass or get passed in all 17 turns, not just a couple of passing zones. Truly a thinking mans track.
Even if we got a decision today it would be hard to get all of our cars prepped and ready. My thoughts also go to if its going to be hard for us to get ready it would be difficult for everyone else, unless they say F IT, I am running what I am running.
Overall just a sad situation. Maybe by March this will all be worked out so all the "cheaters" who ran so close in the Majors last year can have some fun again.
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Maybe something has changed Craig...but on Nov 6th Jim wrote this...

http://mazdaracers.c...-the-positives/

Worst case is you ad a little weight to the car.  Either way you will miss your favorite event of the year? 

Hopefully things shake out sooner than later but in the meantime I hope all dont stay home because of(worst case)a little weight. Hell, the holidays are right around the corner...EAT up and enjoy! No changes necessary :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Worst case is you ad a little weight to the car.  Either way you will miss your favorite event of the year? 

Add a little weight???  I don't think so.  The SCCA release basically said you would be saddled with enough penalty weight to "encourage" a prompt swap to stock heads.  Meaning, you will be penalized with so much weight to not be competitive at an event with the talent Sebring draws. 

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA