EPrill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Kansas
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:7

All-

I've sent out a survey/questionnaire for drivers in our database as having raced in SM Majors competition in 2013, 2014 and 2015 with current memberships/licenses. If you receive something, it's legit. I know that's always a question that pops up when we send surveys through surveymonkey, and especially on April 1.

Thanks,

Eric Prill

Eric Prill

1990 Mazda Miata - F Production

MaxtonsFight.org/Jesse Prather Motorsports/Hoosier

Runoffs Podium: 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Runoffs Pole: 2008, 2012, 2017

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Thanks Eric

I just filled out the survey it should be interesting to see what the results are. Can you post them here?

I have headlights on my car so it would not be an issue for me. However, i have never driven in the dark maybe some of the chump enduro guys can chime in.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:1999

Thanks Eric,

That questionaire makes me want to reconsider the runoffs.  That could be really fun

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Should be great fun for the NB crowd.

I can't think of a single reason why anyone with a NA car would want to attend.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I commend SCCA for taking steps to do this. I think running the best race that will be run at the Runoffs under the lights is an awesome idea and will make for a great event! I havent spoken to anyone who was not excited by the idea. 

A few things.. IMO, at least one other session will need to be run in similar conditions as who knows what will be different and we will be bunched and travelling fast. 

As far as lights and NA cars with lights on... I really don't think it will change the running order very much. The cool far exceeds any potential negative effect IMO.  

Most that will complain about the NA cars likely weren't coming in the first place, so not sure how much weight their opinion matters in this situation. The opinions that matter in this case should be the people who actually plan on going and competing at the event, no one else.  

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Haven't looked at the survey but why would anyone need lights?  NASCAR doesn't run lights at their night races?

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

EPrill

EPrill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Kansas
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:7

Tom it would be with the 20% lighting that the Rolex 24 uses. The consensus is that it may not be really critical on the banking because it's fairly well lit, but the infield will be pretty dark.

Eric Prill

1990 Mazda Miata - F Production

MaxtonsFight.org/Jesse Prather Motorsports/Hoosier

Runoffs Podium: 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Runoffs Pole: 2008, 2012, 2017

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Tom it would be with the 20% lighting that the Rolex 24 uses. The consensus is that it may not be really critical on the banking because it's fairly well lit, but the infield will be pretty dark.

Got it.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44

The SE-Div has a twilight endurance race (Daylight to Darkness) in Charlotte each August and it is a blast. One year also had a downpour during most of the race, which really upped the ante. At Charlotte, headlights are useful for the infield portions of the track as the banking is well lit. I imagine Daytona lighting would be similar. Another benefit is the cooler conditions at night.

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

I can't think of a single reason why anyone with a NA car would want to attend.

Try harder and I'll bet you can come up with at least one reason why someone would want to do it.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Try harder and I'll bet you can come up with at least one reason why someone would want to do it.

There were quite a few NA cars at Laguna last year...though they had 0 chance of winning!  I think Walter just left out "winner" in his statement...then it holds water!

Sh*t...wait a minute, I think there was a NA car on the podium! Man, that was close  :blink:

Can someone post the questionnaire here for us non-important to drivel over? 

Ron

RAmotorsports

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I suppose if you were a local with a NA and wanted to spend a week and one or two $K and you just wanted to say you were in the Runoffs.

I should have said I can't think of one GOOD reason.

Here ya go Ron:

Link to the survey: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.com_s.aspx-3Fsm-3D2F4CBBj6A74df-5F2fKDCR8pjg-5F3d-5F3d&d=AwIGaQ&c=k9MF1d71ITtkuJx-PdWme51dKbmfPEvxwt8SFEkBfs4&r=VBXJDG42zMs1LLuASLj-lzOwYC_r_WDDAVt0f1erB64&m=CvZh8t8JCX5W49AmM_ZyIUciL3c2e2ei7I2_MsyZnJQ&s=pULISAsAiTx5o1F5AyB5QJzUGLHmqnlU6VnP2b8vHi4&e=

The cool far exceeds any potential negative effect IMO.

Wouldn't the cool temp benefit the NBs too?

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

simple fix just come up with an alternate light bar set up that drivers can use, they do that for night enduro's. NA drivers would consider the option for Aero, NB drivers would consider if they painted the lights or disconnected them. Everyone is happy but Denny.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I'm delirious

Frank, you really should enter the Runoffs - it would be very informative of how little parity there is even among NB cars. When I was at Daytona last May there were about 6 cars at the front that were in a class by themselves. I overheard a casual spectator inquire "How come those car are so much faster than everyone else?"

You really should see it in person.

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Only if the radiators are taped.   :banana:

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

I'm delirious

Frank, you really should enter the Runoffs - it would be very informative of how little parity there is even among NB cars. When I was at Daytona last May there were about 6 cars at the front that were in a class by themselves. I overheard a casual spectator inquire "How come those car are so much faster than everyone else?"

You really should see it in person.

Can you post a link to the results from the May race.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

mylaps.com

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Thursday night race for SM so it gives three full days for post race compliance??

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I suppose if you were a local with a NA and wanted to spend a week and one or two $K and you just wanted to say you were in the Runoffs.

I should have said I can't think of one GOOD reason.

Here ya go Ron:

Link to the survey: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.com_s.aspx-3Fsm-3D2F4CBBj6A74df-5F2fKDCR8pjg-5F3d-5F3d&d=AwIGaQ&c=k9MF1d71ITtkuJx-PdWme51dKbmfPEvxwt8SFEkBfs4&r=VBXJDG42zMs1LLuASLj-lzOwYC_r_WDDAVt0f1erB64&m=CvZh8t8JCX5W49AmM_ZyIUciL3c2e2ei7I2_MsyZnJQ&s=pULISAsAiTx5o1F5AyB5QJzUGLHmqnlU6VnP2b8vHi4&e=

You've already taken the survey...it just says thank you! :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

There were quite a few NA cars at Laguna last year...though they had 0 chance of winning!   :blink:

Can someone post the questionnaire here for us non-important to drivel over?

A little midleading.. that is your opinion, not fact. Did those drivers in an NB car is likely still 0.

Alternate headlights is not needed either...
While not PC and not what some want to hear... I am not aware of anyone entering a NA car that would be tremendously effected with the head lights up or down. If this was an issue there are plenty of NB cars for rent etc.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users