Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

No shit.  How bad is that the Danica is the helpful JD?  Love you both, but, damn the two of you could start more fights in bars than any two human beings i have come across.

I have never been in one because I am loved by all of the people!

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

I have never been in one because I am loved by all of the people!

I didn't say you were in them.  I said you started them. I can't tell you how many times my friends start talking shit and then stand behind me as I have to sort things out.  As James would say, "with friends like these, who needs enemies." 

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I didn't say you were in them.  I said you started them. I can't tell you how many times my friends start talking shit and then stand behind me as I have to sort things out.  As James would say, "with friends like these, who needs enemies."

In my defense.. I only start stuff between friends :) Like pointing out to Chris that you popped intentionally with no data :)

Danica starts stuff with everyone :)
  • MPR22 and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
hey look at Mr Ross' Nasa Champs award! wooo hoo!
  • MPR22 and Xav like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

No Podium Pics or Video yet but a bit of news.

nasaspeed.news_2017-10-25_18-57-14.jpeg?

Drivers battle tough competition, hot, sticky weather and rain to capture Eastern States Championships

Drivers battled the elements and each other on Sunday’s final day of the NASA Eastern States Championships, which were held at Sebring International Raceway. Sunday’s championship day was the culmination of the three-day event, which drew more than 200 competitors from 10 of NASA’s 15 regions.

Drivers had to fight the heat during the day and the rain that fell when the final group of the day was on the track, which led to a brief stoppage and some interesting track conditions.

Spec Miata

nasaspeed.news_2017-10-25_18-58-46.jpeg?

Jim Drago started on the pole, but was involved in a first-lap incident, which led to a duel between Selin Rollan and Michael Ross. Rollan led nearly the entire race, but Ross was able to win a drag race down the front stretch to claim the championship by .052 seconds.

“It looked like his (Rollan) car was starting to go a little more than mine toward the end of the race, so I was hunting and pecking for a place to pass,” Ross said. “Turn 17 looked like my only spot. He’s too good of a driver. I got him down on the front straight the last time and made the pass there, but I thought 17 was going to be it.”

Ross said winning the Eastern States Championship was huge.

“I teared up a little on the front straight coming back around on the cool-down lap,” he said. “It really couldn’t sink in. I really didn’t think I was going to get there this weekend. I haven’t driven much this year and I’m the kind of guy who needs to be in the car a lot, but maybe that’s not my mentality anymore.”

More winners.

https://nasaspeed.ne...-by-toyo-tires/

J~

• Cnj, MPR22 and Danica Davison like this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

That second picture with the VP sign in the background....looks like Ross is driving with one of those bicycle flags only its blue and has a "VP" logo. 

Just need to give ross a little bell: "ding ding! coming through!!!"

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

hey look at Mr Ross' Nasa Champs award! wooo hoo!

I love me some bling on my posts. Love it.
  • tferranti likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Ross, where is write up for the rest of the weekend?! The suspense is killing us. You gotta give the people what they want!

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Ross, where is write up for the rest of the weekend?! The suspense is killing us. You gotta give the people what they want!

I have a job and I have no plumbing in my house.  things are a bit hectic and primitive in my life.  

sent from my Treo 680

• Danica Davison likes this

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

sent from my Treo 680

In that case, we expect the rest of your writeup to be composed in Graffiti.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Friday Qual Race 1 

I have been to the three previous NASA East Champs and had horrible results in qualifying races that have lead me to holes I could not dig out of. 

2014 Started P 9 finished P32, came in early thought car was melting down. Champ Race start P25 finish P15

2015 Started Pole finished P32 went off in 1 came back on about p16 then went off in 1 into trap.start p21 finsh p32, wrecked out. 

2016 Started day 2 p12 finished P40, black flagged for tail light hanging out.  Start P24 finish hard fought P8. 

Needless to say I proved you must finish well in the qualifying races to have a chance to win the championship race.

Starting P5 was not ideal but I felt Chris and I could move up if we were able to stick together.  The start was organized and there wasn't too much shuffling going into turn 1.  I didn't hold a tight line headed to turn 2 and Charbs did his cram the car in a tight space thing and got in front of me and Chris.  Content to not get taken out on day 1, I just followed him and Chris around the first lap.  The field was very bunched and coming out of 17 the top 8 were two and three wide down the front straight.  Chris was outside of Drago, I was tucked in behind Drago and Charbs was to my right but inside and behind Chris.  We were all off pace going into turn one several cars wide and I saw Chris start to turn and start to wash out but couldn't see why he was washing out, looked like some sort of contact but I couldn't see clearly, shortly there after he was full on sideways at my track out point with Charbs to his right and I had to go left.  I thought for sure we were all going into the wall.  Chris slid rt some more as his momentum carried him up track and to the right, I had brushed the brakes and was in a full on in a tank slapper that felt like it lasted 4 seconds as i kept it pointed to turn 2.  When I finally got it straight Danica and McAllion had passed me and I was in P8.  The double yellow came out and we had a chanced to catch our breath and look around.  I didn't see Chris behind me.  I thought for sure he had stopped short of the wall and wasn't worried about him until I came around turn one and could barely see him underneath the armco and other stuff against the wall.  Your heart drops when you see a team mate go off, it hurts when you see them in the wall and ambulances around them.  The pre-race plan of Chris and I are moving to the front, went to I now have to move forward as far as I can and see if I can take McAllion with me.  On the restart I didn't get a great jump and had to follow "the Peoples Champ" for a lap looking for a place to pass.  I was able to get inside at turn one and he was kind enough to give me room to complete the pass.  Now i had to bridge up to McAllion.  it took another 2 laps to catch him and he saw I was on a mission and gave me the inside line into 1 once we connected.  He tried to push me but I turned my fast lap of the race dumping him while trying to catch up to Selin who had fallen off the back of the front 3.  Once I got to Selin i was able to push him up to the front 3 giving him his fast lap of the race.  I had hurt my tires on the way forward and made several .3 mistakes and fell off of the train immediately.  When they put out the white flag i was firmly in no mans land and just kept her on the racing surface content with P5.  It was obvious to me that we had to make some changes to the car to be able to run the 38.s that would be necessary to run in the top 5.  At impound, I was able to see Chris car and new that his weekend was over.  Shortly thereafter he wanders over, wrist wrapped in gauze, finger bent and swollen and the look of a combat participant on his face.  "How bad are you hurt?"  "Ah, they think my wrist is broken, my finger is definitely broken and something hurts like hell in my shoulder."  OMG, that sucks. Chris, "How was car?"  Me, I need to make a change"  Him, ok, lets get through tech and then we will talk about it. 2 hours later we are in the trailer going over my race and discussing what to do.  We did what I wanted and set the car up knowing we could try it out in warm up.  Then the crew went about working on Chris car.  It took about 5 hours of port-a-power, hammering, prying and replacing parts all over the place. Drago's crew guys were left with nothing to do after the drivers left earlier in the night.  Even though York had clearly cleaned up earlier he crawled back under Chris' car to help Michael Johnson get the brakes bled and change the broken motor mount.  We rolled the car on the pads with Chris in it about 8:30.  At this point most of the SM group were well into cocktail hour and we were having a great time doing impersonations of our favorite race car drivers.  We told Chris to sit real still while we made the changes, (INSERT PICTURE HERE).  He was like dead weight, I have had sandbags move more than he did.  I even tried to get him to flinch and nothing worked to make him move.  About 20 minutes later he comes into the trailer and goes to bed.  We are all happy he is gung ho about racing but are all doubting he will feel the same way at 8:00 am after the medicine wears off. 

More to follow.  Tomorrow I get my knee cleaned out for the 7th time so no telling if I will be able to type when I get home.          

• Jim Drago, Danica Davison and TylerQuance like this

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Friday Qual Race 1

I have been to the three previous NASA East Champs and had horrible results in qualifying races that have lead me to holes I could not dig out of.

2014 Started P 9 finished P32, came in early thought car was melting down. Champ Race start P25 finish P15
2015 Started Pole finished P32 went off in 1 came back on about p16 then went off in 1 into trap.start p21 finsh p32, wrecked out.
2016 Started day 2 p12 finished P40, black flagged for tail light hanging out. Start P24 finish hard fought P8.

Needless to say I proved you must finish well in the qualifying races to have a chance to win the championship race.

Starting P5 was not ideal but I felt Chris and I could move up if we were able to stick together. The start was organized and there wasn't too much shuffling going into turn 1. I didn't hold a tight line headed to turn 2 and Charbs did his cram the car in a tight space thing and got in front of me and Chris. Content to not get taken out on day 1, I just followed him and Chris around the first lap. The field was very bunched and coming out of 17 the top 8 were two and three wide down the front straight. Chris was outside of Drago, I was tucked in behind Drago and Charbs was to my right but inside and behind Chris. We were all off pace going into turn one several cars wide and I saw Chris start to turn and start to wash out but couldn't see why he was washing out, looked like some sort of contact but I couldn't see clearly, shortly there after he was full on sideways at my track out point with Charbs to his right and I had to go left. I thought for sure we were all going into the wall. Chris slid rt some more as his momentum carried him up track and to the right, I had brushed the brakes and was in a full on in a tank slapper that felt like it lasted 4 seconds as i kept it pointed to turn 2. When I finally got it straight Danica and McAllion had passed me and I was in P8. The double yellow came out and we had a chanced to catch our breath and look around. I didn't see Chris behind me. I thought for sure he had stopped short of the wall and wasn't worried about him until I came around turn one and could barely see him underneath the armco and other stuff against the wall. Your heart drops when you see a team mate go off, it hurts when you see them in the wall and ambulances around them. The pre-race plan of Chris and I are moving to the front, went to I now have to move forward as far as I can and see if I can take McAllion with me. On the restart I didn't get a great jump and had to follow "the Peoples Champ" for a lap looking for a place to pass. I was able to get inside at turn one and he was kind enough to give me room to complete the pass. Now i had to bridge up to McAllion. it took another 2 laps to catch him and he saw I was on a mission and gave me the inside line into 1 once we connected. He tried to push me but I turned my fast lap of the race dumping him while trying to catch up to Selin who had fallen off the back of the front 3. Once I got to Selin i was able to push him up to the front 3 giving him his fast lap of the race. I had hurt my tires on the way forward and made several .3 mistakes and fell off of the train immediately. When they put out the white flag i was firmly in no mans land and just kept her on the racing surface content with P5. It was obvious to me that we had to make some changes to the car to be able to run the 38.s that would be necessary to run in the top 5. At impound, I was able to see Chris car and new that his weekend was over. Shortly thereafter he wanders over, wrist wrapped in gauze, finger bent and swollen and the look of a combat participant on his face. "How bad are you hurt?" "Ah, they think my wrist is broken, my finger is definitely broken and something hurts like hell in my shoulder." OMG, that sucks. Chris, "How was car?" Me, I need to make a change" Him, ok, lets get through tech and then we will talk about it. 2 hours later we are in the trailer going over my race and discussing what to do. We did what I wanted and set the car up knowing we could try it out in warm up. Then the crew went about working on Chris car. It took about 5 hours of port-a-power, hammering, prying and replacing parts all over the place. Drago's crew guys were left with nothing to do after the drivers left earlier in the night. Even though York had clearly cleaned up earlier he crawled back under Chris' car to help Michael Johnson get the brakes bled and change the broken motor mount. We rolled the car on the pads with Chris in it about 8:30. At this point most of the SM group were well into cocktail hour and we were having a great time doing impersonations of our favorite race car drivers. We told Chris to sit real still while we made the changes, (INSERT PICTURE HERE). He was like dead weight, I have had sandbags move more than he did. I even tried to get him to flinch and nothing worked to make him move. About 20 minutes later he comes into the trailer and goes to bed. We are all happy he is gung ho about racing but are all doubting he will feel the same way at 8:00 am after the medicine wears off.

More to follow. Tomorrow I get my knee cleaned out for the 7th time so no telling if I will be able to type when I get home.

Well having a multi part post for the win assures you that your 15mins of Fame will turn into a few days! Just don't tell Danny as every podium recount in the future will be a mini series lol...

And for those that don't like me :) I am very happy for Ross, and the story he is telling is a very good read, so if you think I'm down on his multi part post, I'm actually not I am entertained!
  • Armando Ramirez and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb