Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
Get here fast. Despite all of Bruce's planning they took our area this morning. I managed to get us located East of the tower but we do not have enough spaces. In short, nobody gets to be happy on this one. There is not room for any pickups and we cannot park trailers sideways. After discussions with Bruce we decided the only way we can get the majority of our cars in one area is to double up. Two cars behind one trailer. Otherwise a bunch of the cars are going in the grass.

Find a buddy to share with and get down here to claim your spot as half the slots are already spoken for.

So far the groups of buddies are myself Robison Randy, Jim and Keith, Tom Bruce Johnny Bryan, Will Robert and three more. Kailia has a spot also.

Terrell

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
Parking is essentially done. Unfortunately, due to politics and one extreme a?!@hole we did not get enough spaces to keep everyone together. Quite frankly, even some Miata guys got a little grumpy about it and that was not cool. Don't forget, there are no NASCAR scouts looking at us. For the most part we are supposed to be a bunch of guys (and a few gals) having fun.

Again unfortunately, a whole bunch of the Miata crowd will end up parked wherever to include the grass. I applaud Del Bockman. He did a great job in a bad situation and really advocated for us. Unfortunately, he does not have the backing of Rose Cup nor the lousy City of Portland with its lame City Council to make Rose Cup the success it can be. We really need assigned parking before the race with groups located together both to further foster our friendship and to make a great show for the public who owns the track which we enjoy.

I think the situation is that everyone gets really mad during Rose Cup about the situation and then everyone forgets about it till next year when yet again it is an absolute mess. Perhaps someone will carry the banner this year and get the powers that be to set up a regulated parking program which will work for 95% of the entrants. I would volunteer, but I am too upset at a certain un-named non-Miata person who screwed up our plan. We had a plan where we were actually saving a ton of space for other racers and this jerk blew the whole deal which now splits our group. My vote is that we drop a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" on his car although I doubt he is literate enough to read it.

The bottom line is that we are a big group with consistent race attendance. Because of this, we have a responsibility to defend our group and force Rose Cup to assign us adequate, guaranteed space to put forth our best presentation to the track owning public. I hope some dumb soul is willing to step up and take this on.

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
Terrell, you did an awesome job!!! The way I look at it, we were damned successful and got pretty much enough space for everyone and it was in prime real estate for that matter (must be, if we're across the street from Monte Shelton) Yeah, I know it's not what you were trying to accomplish but hey you recovered like you've been doing this for decades... Kudos my man! We're going to have a blast!!!

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users