• Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
This is pretty clear what happened.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
P8 was the first car in the left lane. The video is from P20.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
Dang you've got long arms.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
That was the worst are you kidding me the hell with scca they pick on me for wanting to race

and they let anyone race like mike collins
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Lliteras

Mike Lliteras

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Dang you've got long arms.

I was thinking the same thing, how did you reach the outside of the mirror.
And that was an interesting way to leave pit lane, looks like he problem could have been solved before it started by holding the outside lane?

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20
He does not have long arms. His car is a 7/8 scale Miata.

bizarro

bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
see this

boring beginning - but lookie at 4:15 mark and after
Griddy mistooky + Splitter hopping mad by many SM out of places...
>> biZaRro #1 <<

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts

see this

boring beginning - but lookie at 4:15 mark and after
Griddy mistooky + Splitter hopping mad by many SM out of places...

Great video.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Not sure who the lady in red and black jacket is, but she is the first one to blame. She was not the head of the SM line, not sure why she felt it was her responsibility to wave anyone out? if you look at here a fews seconds after she waves the cars out, you can tell she is clearly confused. :huh:

The poor splitter, he was rightfully pissed, we came at him three wide :D

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26
Wow what a mess. There had to be someone out there yelling I was 7th.....
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

bizarro

bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Not sure who the lady in red and black jacket is, but she is the first one to blame.

Mebbe so. Mebbe not - dealio bad due to not pulling SM polesitter lane up after 1st split go from grid. Still mistook every way u see.
>> biZaRro #1 <<

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Number:79
What would have happened if the SM racers went and took there rightfull position, while on the track. Is that what Tony tried to do?

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Wow what a mess. There had to be someone out there yelling I was 7th.....

I know there was one guy yelling "I was first" with a lot of #$%&^* and $%^&*( mixed in :unsure: :angry: :rolleyes:

I watched my race video and was surprised to see how mad I was during the grid mess and when we stopped for a black flag. I had buried the "Jersey" for almost 20 years, but in that 10 minute segment, it was like I never left and it all came right back to the surface. :D
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts

What would have happened if the SM racers went and took there rightfull position, while on the track. Is that what Tony tried to do?

Pat

That would be a pass under the yellow. Yes that is what Tony did and that is why he was penalized.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Pat

Yes that is what Tony did. If we all went? Who knows what they would have done?
But there was a double yellow flying at all stations, so in my mind their was no decision to be made. The one thing that Tony didn't have the advantage/disadvantage of knowing was that Craig Berry was Dq'ed a few weeks earlier for assuming his rightful position on the pace lap. Blake was in that race, Sandlin ,Berry and I are good friends, so we all knew. So that meant at least 4 of the top seven weren't moving. A week later, it still stinks!
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
That is a damn shame for all. The same people that run the sprints don't run the runoffs do they?

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

That is a damn shame for all. The same people that run the sprints don't run the runoffs do they?

Pat

No, different people. Hopefully this was a one time deal, been running the Sprints since 2006 and this was the only the first real disaster, well 2008 was a mess too :) That was 5 laps of racing. :(

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
[quote name='Jim Drago' timestamp='1309210592' post='9509']
No, different people. Hopefully this was a one time deal, been running the Sprints since 2006 and this was the only the first real disaster, well 2008 was a mess too :) That was 5 laps of racing. :(

We were at that race also. That was not much fun either. :(

Pat

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
damm pat your old
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
mazda forever n1.6 just a cruch hay pay your way drive my 99 and i will drive your 1.6 winner taks all and i will spot you from pit lane
what you got old timmer :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users