• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Rumor no more. Hoosiers it is!

http://www.scca.org/...hub=1&news=4141

Bummer, I had hoped that with the BFG R1 of the same size being named the spec tire for B-Spec there was a small chance it'd be the SM tire as well. Still it'll be nice to have a molded tire. :)

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
I had it confirmed for me that NASA will remain with Toyo RA1's for 2012.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

plane

plane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:71
So short sighted to have 2 differnet tires for SCCA and NASA. I am now precluded from SCCA events - Great way to promote the sport. I see this in other gear relarted sports - the "smart" tech people do the perfect thing and the rest of us mere mortals end up droping out or participating less and the sport dies.

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:58

So short sighted to have 2 differnet tires for SCCA and NASA. I am now precluded from SCCA events - Great way to promote the sport. I see this in other gear relarted sports - the "smart" tech people do the perfect thing and the rest of us mere mortals end up droping out or participating less and the sport dies.

I believe NASA is still under contract with TOYO for 2012, while the SCCA's ends this year. So it was not possible to have a tire manufacture change without one series being left out, even if they want the change. We'll just have to wait and see what NASA chooses to do for 2013.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I believe NASA is still under contract with TOYO for 2012, while the SCCA's ends this year. So it was not possible to have a tire manufacture change without one series being left out, even if they want the change. We'll just have to wait and see what NASA chooses to do for 2013.

It would be nice if both clubs would let you use of left over tires from the year before if you wanted to. it even will get more expensive if NASA goes to a new or different tire and your sitting on two sets of decent RA-1's

Loved it when the plate Weight and RP was the same too.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users