svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Any idea what happened in the MX-5 cup race at Mazda Raceway this weekend? I've only seen one video from the race, and it was of an incident at the start.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

RacerX

RacerX

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:51
Results are posted, but I'd like to hear what happened to Dean - looked like he was headed for number three before he went off track.

Presume this is the video you found, it is the only one I could find - . Ugly start.

Rich

Any idea what happened in the MX-5 cup race at Mazda Raceway this weekend? I've only seen one video from the race, and it was of an incident at the start.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Here is video from one of the cars that was hit at the beginning.

The driver(Muniz)from the first video was DQ'ed for contact.

Copeland and Cooper ran really tight for more than half the race(I was there watching). Cooper seemed to dominate under power but get caught under brakeing and cornering. Copeland went off in 5(according to the announcer)and dropped out...Cooper cruised from there.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51
Heard a rumor that Munez was banned for 1.5 years.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
I had seen Randy's video, not Muniz's. Wow. Took out two cars in one shot?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Wow. WTF was he thinking.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:12
Copeland dropped a wheel at the exit of 5 and spun himself into the gravel track left (saw it in Cooper's rear-view-mirror video). There were some good races between Hall and Malkhassian as well as the pack that included Hazelton, Fudge, and a couple others for most of the race.

Cooper and Copeland had a giant gap on the rest of the field. I think Saini was about 12s back when Copeland got beached and that was around the 30-min mark or so?

Former SM Nat Champ Rampelberg had a rough weekend in CTSCC - he had *two* wheels fail in two separate incidents. One around lap 2 and then again about 10 laps later after the car was towed in and given a replacement.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
Just realized this.....is it too soon to post a "Malcom in the Middle" joke about this incident?

Vick
www.volko.com

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Here is video from one of the cars that was hit at the beginning.

The driver(Muniz)from the first video was DQ'ed for contact.

Copeland and Cooper ran really tight for more than half the race(I was there watching). Cooper seemed to dominate under power but get caught under brakeing and cornering. Copeland went off in 5(according to the announcer)and dropped out...Cooper cruised from there.

Is it just me or was Hale not really up with the pack on the start and got a poor start?
The white car pulled away. Not sure the car behind didn't get the same start as the white one and tried to shot the middle which didn't work out.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users