Photo

Watkins Glenn National - Stories and Results???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Enjoying a relaxing vacation windsurfing in the Dominican Republic, but curious to know how the weekend at Watkins Glen went. Did Gorilla dominate or did some of the SE boys stir up some surprises?

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Steve won both days, but "Speedy Balanos" was p2 both days with faster lap on Sunday. After that I don't know much. Chip and Jeffy did not race.

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Steve won both days, but "Speedy Balanos" was p2 both days with faster lap on Sunday. After that I don't know much. Chip and Jeffy did not race.

Jim

3 yellow laps each day, first day ssb's had a big crash in the bus stop and the second day someone in sm got off in the carousel which caused the yellow. Lots of Bogus blocking was going on from 10th back, a couple guys were like sail boats tacking back and forth before braking into the bus stop. From 9th forward there was nothing but respect shown Blanchard and I went door to door from T1 to braking into the bus stop at the time that was for p7, wow was that a rush and not so much as even the tiniest bump between us. Cefalo made a sweet pass into p7 soon there after and I had closed up on his bumper before crashing out. Sorry to Blanchard if my wild spin into the tire wall in the heal caused you to slow!!! Might post vid of us going from T1 to the Bus Stop side by side when I have some time.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Thanks Guys - congrats Steve and Alex - anyone have a link to the results?

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

3 yellow laps each day, first day ssb's had a big crash in the bus stop and the second day someone in sm got off in the carousel which caused the yellow. Lots of Bogus blocking was going on from 10th back, a couple guys were like sail boats tacking back and forth before braking into the bus stop. From 9th forward there was nothing but respect shown Blanchard and I went door to door from T1 to braking into the bus stop at the time that was for p7, wow was that a rush and not so much as even the tiniest bump between us. Cefalo made a sweet pass into p7 soon there after and I had closed up on his bumper before crashing out. Sorry to Blanchard if my wild spin into the tire wall in the heal caused you to slow!!! Might post vid of us going from T1 to the Bus Stop side by side when I have some time.

K. Webb