mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:Philadelphia
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:58
Anyone have results for the SM Sunday Final race?

What was the final word on who was at fault when that Miata and safety truck crashed, putting the safety truck up on top of the barrier wall at the inside of turn 3?

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I believe the SM results were the same as the provisional results with the exception of the #16 car either receiving a DQ or being moved to last (pretty sure it was a DQ).

As for the incident, I don't know who was to blame and we may never know, what is most important is that no one was seriously hurt. It could have been so much worse.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:Philadelphia
  • Car Number:58
You are right, I am very glad no one was seriously injured. I still can't picture in my mind how the truck ended up where it did. The Miata had damage on the passenger front side, yet the truck ended up on top of the inside wall, well off track.

Half-Fast

Half-Fast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

You are right, I am very glad no one was seriously injured. I still can't picture in my mind how the truck ended up where it did. The Miata had damage on the passenger front side, yet the truck ended up on top of the inside wall, well off track.

Picture a PIT maneuver like the police do.

dave parker

dave parker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1976
  • Car Number:97
Early in the group nine race (lap 6?) there was a emergency declared in T8. Sebastian Landy (#49) slid off track drivers left and rolled but landed on his wheels. Mr. Landy is ok.
Rescue 1 was dispatched to the incident from pit out. Rescue 1 took the first crossover road and cut over to T3. When Rescue 1 entered the track at T3 it was struck on the left rear bumper by Jay Marlar (#22) executing a perfect pit maneuver. Rescue 1 rotated 90 degrees left shot through the grass and hit the tire wall, bounced up and came down high centered on the concrete wall dividing separating the Summit Circuit from the Jefferson Circuit. T3 flag station called this into control and the session was stopped.
All four EV personnel in Rescue 1 had bumps and bruises but no serious injuries. Mr. Marlar was unhurt but his car is pretty banged up. Rescue 1 is pretty f'ed up.
The session did not resume.
I am unable to state definitively whom was at fault so I will not speculate publicly.
I do not believe that there was any paper thrown.

I am very glad that everyone is ok. Which is probably the best that can be hoped for in this scenario.

I have been watching races at Summit Point for fifteen years and have seen some pretty wild stuff. This incident is currently at the top of the list for the wildest thing I have seen.

cheers
dave parker

GregA

GregA

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:WDC
Glad all are ok. Also glad the red flag didn't cause any problems. I think all got stopped ok. I was seeing Tim Jacobs closing on me like a missle in T8 when I was stopping but we got stopped ok.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Car Number:29
Nevermind. My post was written hastily, in no way did I mean to imply that anyone did anything wrong. I am glad that everyone was ok and i always look forward to racing in the Marrs series because we have the best racers around.
You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Scottie

Scottie

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:19
There was some wild stuff all weekend long. Glad everyone is okay.
How do I fit this Ls7 into my mia.... nevermind

dave parker

dave parker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car Year:1976
  • Car Number:97
To All,
The best course of action here is to let this drop. No one was hurt which is the best outcome.

Let's focus on racing at the MARRS Labor Day Double.

cheers
dave parker

brian price

brian price

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:9094
  • Car Number:5170
Final results are on WDCR site. I was able to win the race on saturday and sunday by the closes of margins.. Sundays race was a blast to go door to door with Kevin Kopp, lap after lap.
I want to thank Bret De Padro and TJ from RP PERFORMANCE for giving me a car that was spot on during the entire race weekend. Setup , power, driver , were in good condition & the results are there. If you need any SM, SSM, ITA, RX7, sales or service, they ARE the Guys for the job. Looking forward to NJMP THUNDERBOLT & the rest of the season...

Brian Price

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users