Photo

Where did the suspension installation intructions go?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:2003
A year or so ago, I recall finding SM suspension installation intructions with pictures. I think it was under the specmiata.com FAQ section:

http://www.specmiata...s_id=15&q_id=86

Now, all those links seem to be invalid - i can't click on them - nothing happens.

Have all the suspension installation intructions that were under this FAQ section been deleted?

thanks

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Looks like all those links were to Bruce Wilson's web site (www.wilzone.com). It looks like Bruce revamped his site in February, which might be when the links died.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
Those photos were out-dated since they didn't address any of the new 99 shock hat and Fat Cat Bump stops. We need a new set of photos. I'll host if anyone wants to share.

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26
I'm not sure what you are looking for but the Fat Cat installation instructions are good and include pictures. Fat Cat
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I have the FCM bump stop PDF. I was looking for the pictures of removing the upper A-arm bolt etc (i've never done suspension work). They used to be available.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

I have the FCM bump stop PDF. I was looking for the pictures of removing the upper A-arm bolt etc (i've never done suspension work). They used to be available.

2 21mm wrenches, HOPE its not frozen in place. It draws to the front through the sway bar bracket. Just remember when reinstalling that the bolt gets tightened with a LOAD on the suspension. You can put a jack under the LCA and lift the car just off the supports and tighten.

Rear is even easier but same rule applies when reinstalling.

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
That is what I thought. Thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users